Selling larger items on craigslist

Whistler

Veteran X
I'm selling something for around $800 on craigslist, but I don't have too much experience with this. Do people typically pay by check in this scenario?

Are there strategies for ensuring you don't get scammed on the check? Is it reasonable to request an ID/bank statement from the person when they write it?

Please share your wisdom denizens of TW

Cash only....I have sold everything from PC's to laptops to RIMS....Cash only.Meet in busy area bring friend with bat ....

I bought my motorcycle from someone selling it on Craigslist. The seller made it very clear that he would only take cash. I have found that most sellers do that to avoid being scammed.

I would also say Cash only IMO if I were you.

I'm selling something for around $800 on craigslist, but I don't have too much experience with this. Do people typically pay by check in this scenario?

Are there strategies for ensuring you don't get scammed on the check? Is it reasonable to request an ID/bank statement from the person when they write it?

Please share your wisdom denizens of TW

CASH ONLY.
I shit you not.
I have sold amps & guitars and such and I always get cash.

Did that dude actually ask if he should take a personal check from CraigsList?

I mean he actually asked that question... I didn't just imagine that?

Did that dude actually ask if he should take a personal check from CraigsList?

I mean he actually asked that question... I didn't just imagine that?

not all of us have to liquidate our assets like michael jackson just to make rent and in the process become deeply acquainted with the rules of craigslist

not all of us have to liquidate our assets like michael jackson just to make rent and in the process become deeply acquainted with the rules of craigslist

I guess I give too much credit to basic common sense being common :shrug:

What are you selling? I would love to pay you every time with a check.

I have a personal friend in Nigeria who is working on smuggling some $28 million dollars out of the country. If you write a check for $100, we will use the account information to deposit $100,000. Once my friend has all the money in the US, he will come here and take half of it. In the end, you get $50,000.

How many sets of $100 would you like to pay?

Back