Selig is full of shit

xanthias

Contributor
Veteran XX
I don't give a damn whether you are a Sox fan, an Astros fan or don't give a rat fart for either one. The announcement today by Selig requiring the roof to be open is horse-shit. The clear intent is to remove Houston's home-field advantage--an advantage ironically mandated by MLB when it decreed the Harris County taxpayers must fund a roofed stadium when then Enron Field was constructed. The pablum about what is "good for the sport" is as unoriginal as it is disingenuous. Houston has had the roof closed for the last four months, including in the playoff series and not a word was uttered by Selig or MLB. The Astros' win percentage with the roof closed versus open is undeniable, however, and puts the lie to Selig's specious reasoning. My outrage at this intrusion is rivaled only by my disappointment in Drayton McClane for acceding to this fiat. Were it me, that roof would be closed and I would dare MLB to invalidate the series and risk destroying the nascent return to credibility MLB is finally enjoying after the fiascos of steroids and the players' strike.

I don't know if it really makes a difference or not. What I do know is Selig interfering in how a team runs their own park is BS.

Back