[security] Cameras 2019 [official] [|3r4c|<3t5]

That's strange the camera didn't detect person motion. Did he only check your car?
I think I know why it didn't detect the motion. I have the detection zone set to the half way point of the frame and down to the bottom. I do this to avoid getting spammed when cars pass by (the upper side of the frame which is the street). The frame cuts off at my car door at the handle. So the burgler was barely in the detection zone. I also had the sensitivity set to 20, I moved it up to 40. Go to the far right side of the frame where the grass is, and mark that spot, then draw a line across to the left side of the frame. You'll see it lines up with the car door handle, because the frame is actually crooked. The burgler walks up to the door handle but stops just outside the detection zone. He's wearing black gloves, so it's the same color as the door and doesn't trigger motion.

Spoke to a neighbor in the culdesac. The bugler got into her Lexus but didn't take anything because the car was empty. She also had footage of the person.

Last edited:
I have mine setup with only 'Person' notification and that's working well (maybe latest update needed?)
During certain times of the day we have lots of cars in and out, but I want to only know if people are cruising the parking area...
it seems to be picking people up regularly and ignoring cars.

Forwarded my pictures and video to the police. Also posted on the NextDoor web site, people are thanking me in there. A gun was stolen.

Yeah, that's the kind of shit that may earn you negligent homicide charges. :stab:

Had some flakeyness with the RTSP this morning, but I think it's because the wifi signal was saturated.

Just setup two amherst cameras, dome IP PoE 4k and a Bullet. both runnign flawless through Blue Iris on a NaS I have setup just for it.

Just setup two amherst cameras, dome IP PoE 4k and a Bullet. both runnign flawless through Blue Iris on a NaS I have setup just for it.
Nice. I looked it up on Amazon.
Amazon.com : Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Bullet POE IP Camera, 3840x2160, 131ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording, Black (IP8M-2496EB) : Camera Photo
or
Amazon.com : Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera, 3840x2160, 164ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (128GB), White (IP8M-T2499EW) : Camera Photo
I have a Panasonic POE camera in the corner of my house, but it's outdated, only 640x480, so I'll check out this newer version.

That's the thing, is the burglers come through at 3am when it's dark, so it becomes a question of the night vision capabilities and putting the cameras over the garage covering the driveway.

The image will be blurred until the person stops moving. In my case, he never looked directly at the camera, so I only got a side shot of his face.

Last edited:
Why not just put up sensor lights? No one hangs around when a sensor light comes on
That's actually not true. If you scroll back you'll see I have a sensor light above the garage door that has 3 lights. Every house in the neighborhood has a light on, plus there is a street light. Car bandits don't care about the lights being on.

That being said, I'll have to aim my lights better so they shine on the car, or think about buying a new fixture that has brighter lights. The thing is, cars and people passing by in the street trigger it, so the light would be on a lot. I have LED bulbs in the fixture to save on electricity. They shine white, but I'm not sure they are putting out enough light.

Last edited:
NM
[strike]How long do they hold onto the video? stream to phone or download?[/strike]

Guess they store all vids up to a year for free... not bad

I bought a Blink 2 camera system last year and forget what the cloud storage is set at, but in the app's video browser it'll show every video you have and what percent of storage you've used. When you hit 100% it'll automatically delete the oldest videos first to make room for the current videos. Don't remember anything about a one year storage thing.

Haven't been able to make up my mind about the Blink, the video and audio is very sharp (including at night), you can schedule when the cameras are armed and send out links to any video you'd like to share (police for example).

But I've struggled with the sensitivity, our house is really close to the street so every time a car goes by I get a notification which gets annoying really fast (and this from a dead end section of street that doesn't get much auto traffic).

But when the mailman or a delivery person walks up the steps to our front door the cameras won't start to record it until the guy is almost back to the sidewalk. And adjusting the sensitivity doesn't accomplish much, like if it's too high you get a video every time there's a gust of wind in a tree branch or a squirrel walks by.

Two year battery life is pretty nice thou.

But I've struggled with the sensitivity, our house is really close to the street so every time a car goes by I get a notification which gets annoying really fast (and this from a dead end section of street that doesn't get much auto traffic).
Everyone has this problem. In my case, the car lights shine on the house and cause the alerts. What you do is turn off the alerts on your phone, but the camera will still send the data to the could. For example, on an iPhone, go to Notifications, Wyze program, and turn off alerts.

Mine record 24/7 on the camera, send alerts to the cloud. Wyze is trying to fix this with AI programming that can detect humans in the frame. It kinda works but it's not perfect.

I just bought a second camera for the inside of the condo. Setting it up right now with another 128 gigabyte memory. I also want to set up a camera(s) outside our door/elevators, but need to tie into the buildings electrical...
I want to do it surreptitiously, but my wife (and she's probably right) thinks I need to ask permission of the association. We'll see how that goes or if I have to tap into our own electrical which would be a little bit more of a project. I wonder if the camera can be ran off of 'doorbell' electricity? (Isn't that much lower lower voltage usually? But of course the camera runs off USB power so it shouldn't be much)

Last edited:
Doorbells usually run on 24v AC, while the WYZE cameras use 5v DC. I've seen doorbell cameras with their own power brick that drops the voltage to the outside button to 5v DC, but the chime still needs 24v AC.

I guess if a guy wanted to get sneaky, they could run a usb cable about anywhere. Hell, you don't even need the cable, just the power pair of wires inside.

I'll be honest. The day NGFM leaves this place will likely be my last day also. What a treasure.

I just set up a wyze cam in Mazatlan to catch people stealing my waves...
dHBHZ8I.jpg

Back