[SCOPES] D=130mm F=1000mm 1/7.7

SoulHunter

Veteran X
So my dad died regardless of my CPR attempts and Medics who were there after 3 minutes(they rocked).

Anyhoo he left behind a Scope:
Meade
D=130mm
F=1000mm
1/7.7
Autostar computer controller on tripod

Should I sell it or keep it, I like the idea of looking up with the computer control, he's never used it so it might be worth Ebaying.

Thoughts by those who know.

Sorry about your dad, mate..

The telescope sounds like a Meade DS-2130ATS-LNT. I haven't tried this telescope myself, but it seems like a great starter scope.

So if you got any interrest in looking at the sky, I would deffinatly keep it and see if the hobby is for you, and then upgrade to something else if the need arrise.

With this you should be able to see the rings around saturn. The 4 gallilean moons around jupiter. A red Mars. Great vistas of the moon. And great deep-sky objects like the various star clusters (m13 is stunning).

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, condolences.

Keep the good memories.

=====

If you want to sell the telescope I'd be interested, though I'd like to know the model and such. Should likely have a book for it that may mention that.

That's the one, thanks for the thoughts guys, heart attack(m i)

will do some sky gazing tonight, rings, moons, cervixes all seem like worth-while vistas to acquire

Just remember - let it cool down for 30 min - an hour before viewing, so it can reach the same temperature as the air. From there, just follow the manual :)

The smaller eyepiece yields the greatest magnification. So start with the large one, and change to the smaller when you got the target centered.

Back