[science] [highly relevant] got autism? eat shit

Ixiterra

Veteran XV
Autism symptoms reduced nearly 50% 2 years after fecal transplant | ASU Now: Access, Excellence, Impact

In a new study, “Long-Term Benefit of Microbiota Transfer Therapy in Autism Symptoms and Gut Microbiota,” published in Scientific Reports, Arizona State University researchers Rosa Krajmalnik-Brown, James Adams and lead author Dae-Wook Kang demonstrate long-term beneficial effects for children diagnosed with ASD through a revolutionary technique known as Microbiota Transfer Therapy (MTT), a special type of fecal transplant originally pioneered by Australian gastroenterologist Thomas Borody. Remarkably, improvements in gut health and autism symptoms appear to persist long after treatment.

Two years after treatment, most of the initial improvements in gut symptoms remained. In addition, parents reported a slow, steady reduction of ASD symptoms during treatment and over the next two years. A professional evaluator found a 45% reduction in core ASD symptoms (language, social interaction and behavior) at two years post-treatment compared with before treatment began.

“Every family completed the study, and every family returned two years later for a follow-up evaluation,” said Adams, citing the families’ dedication to the research. “The treatment was generally well-tolerated with minimal adverse effects.”

Professional evaluation revealed a 45% decrease in ASD symptoms compared with baseline. Researchers note that although there may be some placebo effect, much of that effect appears to be real. At the start of the study, 83% of participants were rated as “severe” autism. At the end of the study, only 17% were “severe,” 39% were “mild/moderate” and 44% were below the cutoff for mild ASD.

there is hope for you yet tw

Does the poop have to come from someone without autism? Can you reverse the process and give people autism?

if poop vaccine can cure it, then this is proof that vaccines can cause autism

personally I think it gets better b/c who wouldn't change their behaviour if you knew the punishment was to have someone else's shit rammed up your ass?

tendies tendies ma I WANT TENDIES

shut up or I'll get the poop injector out again

little did they know that 10% of the population just needed their asshole stretched

I think I am going to stop joking that I have autism for a while now. I don't want someone pooping in my butt back and forth forever.

Where do you get this
Shit?
I read about this somewhere about helping stomach problems. My wife has to watch what she eats and I was hoping she could get a prescription of
Shit

Highly dubious, doubly so because academia has become a joke in the past couple decades.

And that's ignoring the fact that "autism" is so ridiculously broad that being a male is automatically autistic.

Highly dubious, doubly so because academia has become a joke in the past couple decades.

And that's ignoring the fact that "autism" is so ridiculously broad that being a male is automatically autistic.
Plenty of research out there over the last 5 years showing strong links between the gut biome and brain. I've heard of fecal matter transplants successfully treating autism spectrum disorder for some time now. It's not dubious at all.

Plenty of research out there over the last 5 years showing strong links between the gut biome and brain. I've heard of fecal matter transplants successfully treating autism spectrum disorder for some time now. It's not dubious at all.
Considering that most "autistic" kids are just symptoms of shit parenting, I'd easily wager money that biodiversity in your intestines isn't going to fixed being a spoiled brat.

I'll remain dubious as the premise is based on bullshit pseudoscience.

Selling shit for profit. Brilliant. Hats off to the fuckers that came up with this one. I mean, the folks over at the Cards Against Humanity did it and made a huge profit. This is going places.

Last edited:

Sleep Apnea was the same and not its a more narrow set of issues. Thats how science works dude.

tenor.gif

Back