say im poor as shit, but i want to batch cook something relativly healthy

Rice and Beans

^^ This is the best advice so far ^^

I could live on $20 a week if I had to.

beans = legumes
rice = complex carb

rice + beans = protein

You must get a certain amount of protein,
and all the rest can be fruits and vegetables.

Get rid of processed foods, that shit will kill you.

yeah looks good, nice job tw.

ps: i cant get a job. my school is crazy (juilliard). cant even consistently work study.

You're going to Julliard? Holy shit dude!

I will give you all my wisdom and knowledge,
for a 1% of your future earning potential.

99 cent 1 pound pasta
99 cent 1 16oz can tomato sauce
a little oil or butter
2 cloves garlic
1/4 small onion
dried basil (fresh is better but more expensive obviously)
sugar
salt and pepper

Heat the oil or butter over med heat. BUTTER WILL BURN AT HIGHER TEMPS. Add onions and a pinch of salt to the heated oil and cook for a min until translucent. Add garlic and continue to "sweat" for 2-3 minutes or until soft. If they begin to brown turn the heat down and remove the pan from the heat for 30 seconds.

Add tomato sauce, a very small pinch of sugar, and teaspoon of dried basil. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.

Add sauce to 1 pound cooked pasta. This is a fairly inexpensive and very tasty pasta that could give you 4 meals.

Edit: sauce could be done in larger batches and frozen for when needed.

if you're a baller buy cooked foods from whole foods market by the pound
their turkey curry is spectacular and their general tsao's chicken (soy)

whole foods general tsao's is about as far from being 'spectacular' or even authentic tasting as you can get.

this asian thing is a put on isn't it? No way you're asian, I work with basically all asians and they bitch about whole foods chinese food CONSTANTLY.

fucking troll

I'm subscribing to this thread because I am poor as shit as well.

Right now I eat noodles, peanut butter, and eggs.

hear me out, then laugh at me or whatever

im a college student. basically i overspent a shitload of money on women and alcohol and i have too much pride to ask my parents to reup (obviously i've done this before). i can get through this but i need your help. all non-essential spending is on hold but even the essentials need to be cut down. one could say i was previously eating nicely. now i cant afford it.

i need some dishes i can throw together - maybe 2 meals a day - that will keep me healthy. i have long long long days at school so i cant be passing out cuz all im eating is cup o noodles. im thinking something like a huge ass batch of letil soup with some chopped veggies for lunch AND dinner multiple times a week. how i feel about the food it is ultimately unimportant.

so again, dishes i can cook up and throw in some containers and bring in for lunch and dinner on the cheap, while still getting all the essential nutrients. taste is unimportant.

now i know soem of you ahve some depression/wwII era survivor parents that taught you a few tricks, so lay em down boys.

You are in college. Sell weed you dumb fuck.

Back