Savage Demo is out (Linux and Win)

Was in the beta, and although there were some problems, it was strangely addictive. Hope they fixed some of the balance though, there was some horrid balance flaws. (the essentially indestructible titan things on beast side for example)

They have fixed a few more of the balance issues sicne beta.

I'm looking for alternative download sites, looks like the happy puppy download links suck ass.

We've been playing Savage at the local LAN party I go to for the past couple weeks. It seems like the game is much more fun when the races match up. Alot of people will disagree with me, but the humans kick ass in the later game, so unless the beasts rush, they're fucked.

I wonder if it was intentional when doing beast on beast for the summoner to be able to kill a behemoth with one hit.

Patton said:
We've been playing Savage at the local LAN party I go to for the past couple weeks. It seems like the game is much more fun when the races match up. Alot of people will disagree with me, but the humans kick ass in the later game, so unless the beasts rush, they're fucked.

I wonder if it was intentional when doing beast on beast for the summoner to be able to kill a behemoth with one hit.
I think that the game is failrly well balanced, and regardless of how the game goes, either race can win. (with or without rushing).

As for intentional behemoth owning with a summoner, i'm not sure...

Hoo_Man said:
Its offical, i own at this game.
Most tribes players will, it's got that "feel" to it.

If you feel the need to get beat down, let me know, I'll come show you how it's done.

I dunno, it didn't look all that great when I saw it at UVA. I just have no interest I guess. :shrug:

I just got done playin for about 3 hours.
all I can say is its alot of fun and everyone should try it out.

its fun for a bit, but just becomes another FPS. the only difference between the command part of the game and any other RTS is that u cant control your units, all you can do is build and upgrade shit and set waypoints. Gets boring :/

Dalmar said:
Savage has some of the worst net coding I've ever seen in my life.

The latest patch has completely eliminated any lag/packet loss for me. I almost constantly have sub-100 ping. Everything is really smooth.

Bromus said:
The latest patch has completely eliminated any lag/packet loss for me. I almost constantly have sub-100 ping. Everything is really smooth.

Is that fix included in the demo? (I may just download the demo if they fixed it.)

Back