Sag A* anus pic countdown

are you excite?

• Total voters
I can't wait for this image to just be a glorified blob of light. My imagination is thinking some epic image of a hole sucking up light. I am setting my expectations low so I can't be disappointed.

Took me a minute to figure out what the FUCK you were saying in your thread title.

Yeah, I don't expect much from this photo. If it was something spectacular they probably would have leaked it immediately. But the science is still cool.

BoilingIncomparableGrub-size_restricted.gif

Took me a minute to figure out what the FUCK you were saying in your thread title.

content, baby

Yeah, I don't expect much from this photo. If it was something spectacular they probably would have leaked it immediately. But the science is still cool.

at the very least, it will be able to prove some more of einstein's work correct, that's pretty cool. but yeah, as far as visuals, I don't think it will be that amazing but we'll see

Maybe Jussie Smollett will get pulled through the hole with a noose around his neck.

z28ZlHw.png

anus spotted

it's actually the M87 galaxy's black hole, not the milky way. all the clickbaity headlines didn't make it clear that it could have been either the milky way or M87's, which is weird.

gist of the conference: yup, it proves GR yet again, no surprises. there were two conflicting measurements of M87's hole mass, this image was able to determine which one was correct and will enable us to more accurately estimate galactic black hole masses in the future.

they were not very clear about the choice to use M87 over the milky way's black hole or when the milky way's image will be released, but they did work on it too.

So it's gunna be a black sphere in the middle of surrounding blur of lights?

Edit: Never mind. Already posted. Not exactly the blur I was thinking... I was thinking circular blur, but whatever.

Back