Rust

loved it for awhile, beautiful graphics when building a small home on the coast. but it is so unbalanced. solo players have zero shot.

edit: not to mention that offline raiding is very real.

I still play it from time to time. Solo/Duo servers aren't too bad of an experience. I do miss the days of the tw crew though. That was probably my favorite time in the game period.

Used to play it a bit. Got tired of getting my head crushed by a naked or spending hours finding a spot, building a camp just to have some tards spend hours tearing it down and then have a server reset

"Alright, lets go fuck those guys up..."

"YEAH LETS GO OVER THERE AND SUCK THEIR DICKS!!!!"

"....what?"

"Who said that?"

"Alright, lets go fuck those guys up..."

"YEAH LETS GO OVER THERE AND SUCK THEIR DICKS!!!!"

"....what?"

"Who said that?"

lol I don't know but there was some hilarious motherfucking shit going on in that server. I miss playing with stryker and Bear, and naptown was always interesting and having fun too. Also miss Jackbootedthug.

Play it with piotrr sometimes when his brother fires up his server. Just a few friends. The guys usually build a big base near a mine or quarry while I run off and build a small log cabin or a beach house by myself.

the dupes and esp hacks ruined that game.

I miss that feeling of always having to be on the lookout, never feeling safe. Rust provided a heavy nostalgia for the STV days in vanilla WoW.

I actually designed a house which theoretically could not be broken into (and escaped from) without a considerable amount of C4 (I can't even remember how much one could carry).

The idea of the house was that there would be no open spaces, just 3 metal walls and a door on every square. If someone entered from the ground or from the roof, they'd have to blindly blow through wall after wall without really knowing if they were getting any closer to anything worth stealing.

The floors would be accessible only through stairwells and open drop shafts which never connected to the floor directly above or below. This was to prevent anyone dropping to a lower floor from backtracking out the way they came. The idea was that if someone broke in (and went far enough) that they'd likely run out of C4 and possibly not be able to backtrack out.

I never had the resources to build a metal house that large though. I couldn't belive I still had the floorplan on my PC after all these years.

Sj95AI5.jpg

The green squares are the stairwells, the red are the drop shafts.
hWDuIu6.jpg

yeah fun times with tw crew....haven't played it in years - when they started that 2nd branch, it felt like they fucked the community up.

miss the bear fight cage :lol:

Back