Roof technology

once we added the vent to our roof our attic is like 15-10 degrees cooler lol. my house overall is ALOT better with heat/air

Should I close off the sidewall vents so everything flows from the soffits to the peak, or is more better?
No. You do not need to close them off. A well vented attic goes a long way at extending the life of the roof as well as releasing the superheated air trapped in the attic during the summer.

If you are under vented, the superheated air trapped in the attic will cause the composition shingle to cook even more so than they already do. The surface of the shingles regularly gets to 165f in full sun on a hot ass day and that heat travels down into the attic space (and your unit). Your attic can easily get 130-140 and that keeps the shingles hot all through the night. This causes the embedded granules on the surface of the shingles to become loose and fall off which exposes the shingle matting to the sun.

Because the shingle matting is a tar-based product, the sun eats through that shit quickly. I unfortunately see under vented roofs frequently. Person buys a 30-year shingle, and a good portion of the granules are gone at 17 - 20 years.

Until about 15 years ago or so, when roofs were installed, the building codes were 1 square foot of ventilation per 300 square feet of roof. Today it is recommended to be at least 1 square foot of ventilation per 150 square feet of roof.

Cool Sam, thanks. I may even add peak vents to my parents house. In my spare time... It's got 4 hips and a ridge, with maybe 3 or 4 hat vents and a power vent.

I put a roof on it 10 years ago, and it still looks great, but I did do a sheet of plywood in one corner. I should look at the insulation situation also.

They eat the alka and pop goes their belly. Used to make them fall dead out of the sky when at beach in Florida.

If your neighbors cats come and shit in your flowerbeds soak some hamburger met overnight in antifreeze. Leave the meat in the flower beds. Takes care of that problem real fast. Also if you have stupid lib women that post on fb about feeding the feral cat colonies just ask them the location of the cat colonies and tell them you love cats, and want to help feed them. Feed them the antifreeze meat. They all die. Then go to their post about all the dead cats and leave a sad face emoji.
Antifreeze is a terrible way to die and only ass-backwards immoral sacks of shit would poison animals like this.

It's something a deranged leftist would do: torture an animal for existing.

Antifreeze is a terrible way to die and only ass-backwards immoral sacks of shit would poison animals like this.

It's something a deranged leftist would do: torture an animal for existing.

If the sack of shit owners would keep their animals on their own property, like a responsible pet owner, we would not be having this discussion. Now would we?
Alternative is to head shot em with the crossbow. How's about that? Pick 1 and only 1. Pussy.

They are free to exist anywhere on the Earth as along as that existence in not on my side of my property line. Where they fuck with my flowers and fuck with my birds. Once they cross onto my property they have violated the nap in an act of piracy. Pirates. Fucking. Die. Rules of the game.

EDIT: My daughters Rose Bush I planted for her, the birds of this forest, or the retarded neighbors retarded cat? Guess who wins? Hint. It is not the retarded neighbors retarded cat.

Last edited:
Finished up the ridge today. Supposed to be 60 and sunny tomorrow. Hot enough to relax the ridge and seal everything. Hopefully.
c53d4eba02b21af2d924f188c6423e57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If the sack of shit owners would keep their animals on their own property, like a responsible pet owner, we would not be having this discussion. Now would we?
Alternative is to head shot em with the crossbow. How's about that? Pick 1 and only 1. Pussy.

They are free to exist anywhere on the Earth as along as that existence in not on my side of my property line. Where they fuck with my flowers and fuck with my birds. Once they cross onto my property they have violated the nap in an act of piracy. Pirates. Fucking. Die. Rules of the game.

EDIT: My daughters Rose Bush I planted for her, the birds of this forest, or the retarded neighbors retarded cat? Guess who wins? Hint. It is not the retarded neighbors retarded cat.
Look idiot, there are plenty of ways to deal with an animal that shouldn't be outside period, especially in a neighborhood, but the most pussy/faggot/deranged way, is to make the animal suffer for something the dumb owner did.

Be a fucking man and tell your neighbor to either keep their cat indoors or you'll shoot it if it goes into your yard again. I'd sooner be okay with a suppressed 22 to the cat's head then having it suffer. Sometimes just talking with your neighbor (shocking) can resolve these types of issues. And if not, take it out on your neighbor or just be a man and not give a shit. Your fucking flowers aren't worth strife with the person who lives next door.

p.s. Give me a picture of your backyard so I can see how glorious it is and how this demon creature is destroying something so pristine.

Last edited:
Be a fucking man and tell your neighbor to either keep their cat indoors or you'll shoot it if it goes into your yard again. I'd sooner be okay with a suppressed 22 to the cat's head then having it suffer. Sometimes just talking with your neighbor (shocking) can resolve these types of issues. And if not, take it out on your neighbor or just be a man and not give a shit. Your fucking flowers aren't worth strife with the person who lives next door.

Ever try to talk reason with a neighbor who hasn't been sober off hard drugs not even 1 day in the past several years? Same neighbor who has stolen from you? If I was less of a man I would remove her instead. You are an idiot, and her cat is buried in the forest.

Given the endless amount of bullshit you screech at the internet about being a tough guy we have to wonder about the reality of your actual life situation.

Given the endless amount of bullshit you screech at the internet about being a tough guy we have to wonder about the reality of your actual life situation.

My actual life situation is 20 years ahead of most everyone playing the game of life. I want for nothing and have all the time in the world to devote to anything that holds my interest. God is good.

If you are ever in my forest feel free to stop by.

I have always though they were a bit ambiguous.

Which side is the front?

There is a comma or something missing.

How about "This side toward enemy"

I think too much, I would kill myself in seconds if I got anywhere near that shit

Kinda like OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR.
So, if the objects in the mirror are closer, that means the objects not in the mirror are farther way, right?

Back