[rogue] weapons question

Divine

Veteran XV
So, I am playing mutilate and have run into an issue. I currently have Webbed Death (1.4 speed, 156 dps) and Librarian's Paper Cutter (1.3 speed, 130 dps) equipped with dual mongoose. I just recently picked up Omen of Ruin in Naxx (1.5 speed, 156 dps). Should I move Webbed Death to off hand and make Omen of Ruin my new MH or should I keep them where they are? I know that faster daggers are ideal for mut, but what I don't know is if the dmg buffs on the Omen make it worthwhile to equip Omen/WD instead of WD/Paper Cutter and take a .1 speed reduction on both of my weapons. Also, would you recommend berserking for MH or is dual mongoose still the way to go?

Omen of Ruin MH, Webbed Death OH. Dual berserking is best. Faster daggers are only ideal fur mutilate within a certain point. The damage upgrade and stats upgrade (LPC has horrible stats) more than make up for the .1 attack speed.

Mongoose, by all accounts, is not as good as berserking, but 1/10th of the cost, especially if someone in your guild/friend has a shitload of VCs from pre-Wotlk.

Omen of Ruin MH, Webbed Death OH. Dual berserking is best. Faster daggers are only ideal fur mutilate within a certain point. The damage upgrade and stats upgrade (LPC has horrible stats) more than make up for the .1 attack speed.

Mongoose, by all accounts, is not as good as berserking, but 1/10th of the cost, especially if someone in your guild/friend has a shitload of VCs from pre-Wotlk.

Awesome, thank you. I'd had the same daggers for a little while and then, all of a sudden, I got 2 new epic daggers and an epic ranged in like 2-3 days. I knew what to do with the ranged, but the daggers threw me a little bit. I didn't know just how important attack speed was vs. stats (since mut is all about poison damage/procs). Thanks for clearing that up! Have you seen the new T8 rogue set?

There as a debate about whether or not 2 webbed death were better. But from what Pessi was saying, having the Kel'thuzad dagger (1.8 speed?) in the offhand with Webbed death MH was the best or something because the Offhand is proc'ing 2 poisons at once right now, which is a bug.

And Yea, the T8 rogue set looks grotesque. You look like a bumbling idiot with the helm showing.

That said, I switched over to a warrior now (ARGH MY NOBLES DECK) because we lack a prot warr tank and we lost one of our prot palys.

edit: I would get the speadsheet from http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t27244-roguecraft_spreadsheet/ if you want a good indepth look at gear, rotations, and other intricate rogue things. Gear comparison is probably the most questioned of all topics and this solves that right away.

It's on the bottom as an attachment. Get the "LK" version.

Last edited:
There as a debate about whether or not 2 webbed death were better. But from what Pessi was saying, having the Kel'thuzad dagger (1.8 speed?) in the offhand with Webbed death MH was the best or something because the Offhand is proc'ing 2 poisons at once right now, which is a bug.

And Yea, the T8 rogue set looks grotesque. You look like a bumbling idiot with the helm showing.

That said, I switched over to a warrior now (ARGH MY NOBLES DECK) because we lack a prot warr tank and we lost one of our prot palys.

edit: I would get the speadsheet from The Roguecraft Spreadsheet - Elitist Jerks if you want a good indepth look at gear, rotations, and other intricate rogue things. Gear comparison is probably the most questioned of all topics and this solves that right away.

It's on the bottom as an attachment. Get the "LK" version.

Thanks for the spreadsheet link! That's unfortunate that the poison procs are a bug, because fixing it will further gimp our damage, which we really won't be able to afford post-HaT.

How are you liking tanking? I just started my first real alt the other day, an enhancement shaman. Saw one being played and it looked like a lot of fun.

Thanks for the spreadsheet link! That's unfortunate that the poison procs are a bug, because fixing it will further gimp our damage, which we really won't be able to afford post-HaT.

How are you liking tanking? I just started my first real alt the other day, an enhancement shaman. Saw one being played and it looked like a lot of fun.

Rogue DPS needs a little boost to get it in line with some of the other classes. But yea, it should be about a 1-3% dps drop from what others have reported, which is unfortunate.

As a guild member, I used to care a lot more about the class I played. These days, I am just happy to throw together a run, and care more about the results. Only fun I really have is when we down something new and seeing as how easy Naxx has been, I am hoping Ulduar is better.

I've yet to tank. I was given an 80 warrior in blues by a friend just last week. So I am still working on getting gear. My current tanking shield is a paladin healing shield. :p

Back