risk: anyone here play it?

i used to play the online version (finalconquest) with gabe and gon. they got sick of me kicking their asses so they stopped playing with me. boo.

Diplomacy :)

Game of thrones apparently is like risk, but without dice
which makes it a better game

My family used to have some epic risk games, ditto to Settlers of Catan as well. Haven't played either in awhile.

Now that I'm older, I realize how unfortunate it is that these games are hard to integrate with drinking and pussy.

Play it every other weekend or so. I think it's fun as hell though throwing the die all the time gets kind of annoying.

except for Cranium. bitches love cranium, and it's actually a really fun game to play with your friends after all the bars have let out (if you're into the late night thing).

I played Risk, until I discovered Axis & Allies. Then I discovered Supremacy.

Supremacy > *

Once they got to the special forces and asymmetric warfare expansions, it was getting a little ridiculous though. I was happy with merchant marines & boomers.

Diplomacy :)

Game of thrones apparently is like risk, but without dice
which makes it a better game

Game Of Thrones isn't like Risk. It's like Diplomacy. It's creator has said he was inspired greatly by it.

It is often described as "like Risk" to those who've never played a wargame other then Risk.

That said. It is a very good game. Best played with 4 or more. You need atleast 3 to play it at all though.

I totally forgot about Diplomacy. That game was awesome.

I loved writing random orders for other people's armies, just to see who was slacking.

ah
ok that makes since
i never played it so i was just spouting what i heard nerd
(not a slam, just a rhyme)

ah
ok that makes since
i never played it so i was just spouting what i heard nerd
(not a slam, just a rhyme)

If you get a chance to play either [Diplomacy or GoT], I highly recommend not passing up the chance.

Other, off beat, games I recommend for groups in a cooperative mood are Shadows over Camelot and Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel

In the game of Camelot, each of the players role plays one of the Knights of the Round Table. It's a race against time to save Camelot from "the game" set against it. On each turn every Knight must take 2 actions, a beneficial one that aids the players in saving Camelot, and a detrimental one that advances Camelot along the path to defeat. The catch is, one Knight is secretly a traitor and while everyone is attempting to maximize beneficial actions and minimize the detrimental ones, the traitor seeks the opposite.

In Siege of Citadel, 3 to 5 players take on the role of a DoomTrooper team, a Power Armor wearing duo of warriors from 1 of the 5 mega corporations that control earth. Their collective foe is "the game" which takes the form of the evil forces of "the legion". Over the coarse of 10 missions the players will attempt to secure the scenario games which get progressively more difficult each mission. The catch is, each round 1 player will sit their Doomtroopers out and play the role of the Legion as adversary. Between missions, players are awarded resources based on their performance which they can use to upgrade and outfit their Doomtroopers to increase their success. After 10 misions, the Player who earned the greatest number of resources is declared the winner.

Back