Rio Karma music player?

MST3K-rules

Contributor
Veteran X
http://reviews.cnet.com/Rio_Karma__20GB_/4505-6490_7-30474134.html?tag=promo2

My whole family got hooked on ipods a while ago and my brother, my dad, my mom, and my sister all have ipods (that's like 1600 dollar combined!).

Me being a dick, I was thinking there must be a better PC alternative.

Does anyone know where I can find more reviews of the Rio Karma? There are places online selling it for like 270 (after 20 dollar rebate) which is a much better price than the 400 dollar ipods.

I would post a link for it much cheaper but I'd get jumped by all the fuckwads who went off last time I did.
If you tell me i'm pretty I will.

Hmmm, 30 gigs. That is a lot of space. Of course, I don't think I could possibly fill 20 with my limited music tastes. Then again, 250 bucks is less than 280.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Xapz said:
1.5Gig is much cheaper..
How much music can you really need anyway...
Get it from Buy.com and use this coupon
http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=85694697&dcaid=1688

And it'll be somewhere around 120

Ehh, I just feel like if I'm gonna be spending ~150 bucks on a player I might as spend 100 dollars more to get 15 times the storage space.

I don't think I need 30 gigs, but 20 gigs would be nice. Those high quality rolling stones tracks can add up, and if I just wanted to carry a few tunes around I'd go with an mp3 cd player.

MST3K-rules said:
Ehh, I just feel like if I'm gonna be spending ~150 bucks on a player I might as spend 100 dollars more to get 15 times the storage space.

I don't think I need 30 gigs, but 20 gigs would be nice. Those high quality rolling stones tracks can add up, and if I just wanted to carry a few tunes around I'd go with an mp3 cd player.
Do you realize how many songs you can fit in 1.5 gigs? More than your entire battery would last.

Xapz said:
Do you realize how many songs you can fit in 1.5 gigs? More than your entire battery would last.

You raise a good point. I worry though that I'd get annoyed walking around and finding that I'd forgotten to load a certain beatles song that morning. If everything was together then I could play whatever I wanted no matter how my mood changed.

My music folder is about 4.5 gigs, admittedly much smaller than the 20 gigs the karma or ipod would give me, though that doesn't count CDs I never ripped.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

How large is the average mp3?
5 megs sound good?
ok, so 1500 megs / 5 = 300 songs. Any more than that would be annoying to have on the system.

MST3K-rules said:
Hmmm, 30 gigs. That is a lot of space. Of course, I don't think I could possibly fill 20 with my limited music tastes. Then again, 250 bucks is less than 280.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
I own a 20 gb Nomad Zen. I thought I'd never fill it up. It's almost full.

Back