Resizing pictures..

GigaFool said:
acdsee 2.43 is the only non-editing small-footprint picture viewing program worth having

it is also the only proggy i know of that will allow you to do mass resizings, meaning, it let's you resize x number of pictures all at the same time. This is handy for downsizing all of your hi-res digital camera pics small enough to send to granny on her slow ass dial-up.

gibsonic said:
it is also the only proggy i know of that will allow you to do mass resizings, meaning, it let's you resize x number of pictures all at the same time. This is handy for downsizing all of your hi-res digital camera pics small enough to send to granny on her slow ass dial-up.
powertool image resizer does too. (i use it down downsize my pics_)

gibsonic said:

The powertoy that I liked does the same thing. Its .5meg download.

edit for pic

resize.jpg

You simply right click any pic, selct resize, and you are met with these options. Pick which, and its done. 5 seconds to resize a pic, if that.

Last edited:
it also only works for XP

is there one for 2k?

it doesn't view pics, so it would be handy to have as a resizer, but acdsee 2.43 is still the best pic viewer/resizer end.

I dont know about 2K. I agree ACDSee is the best do everything for the average user, I have it installed too. I just use that more, cause its so easy.

hmm that plugin only resizes actual size?

i thought the original poster meant he wanted to change the quality (i.e. compression ratio) quickly

I've been using XnView for stuff like that for about a year now and it works great. It's not really something you would want to edit photos with like ps, but for resizing, batch converting, batch filenaming, and things like that, it's awesome and it's free.

Back