Reset on windows boot

Gibe

Veteran XV
I just got my:

ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE CANTERWOOD 1
P4/3.0EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT RT 1
DUAL DDR 1GB|PC3200XLPT CORSAIR RT

And at least I get bios now. However, the system resets when windows starts to boot, before any windows screens, but after the option to start in safe/regular/whatever modes, and after it loads a few files too. It seems to reset when (or immediately after) it loads "a347bus.sys", which I only notice because it seems to take a while to load and gives me the "press esc to cancel loading blah blah" msg, then that goes away and the comp promptly resets.

Try checking your memory settings in the BIOS, maybe try booting the system with only 1 stick of RAM in?

I've tried one stick (for both of them) and it still doesn't work. I've reset some of the memory settings to what i think my memory is... although idk what any of it means.

A friend of mine thinks that since it's getting to windows startup and seems to be doing it on the same file everytime, that maybe I should try reformatting. Could that be the problem?

Google shows that file as belonging to Alcohol 120% and it's virtual drive, also other people are having problems booting XPSP2 with that file as well.

Do you have Alcohol installed? If so try booting into safe-mode and uninstalling it.

also, if you had the OS loaded before you installed a new board, you can't just put the drive in a different system and it work, you have to re-install.

That being said, if you still have the problem and you've removed everything from the system other than the video card and minimum ram... bios, reset everything to defaults, don't oc anything, dont mess with anything and then try again.

and i use alch's vdrive and never have had an issue yet.

*sigh* after "repairing" i got a bsod instead of it simply reseting, so i went ahead and reformatted. everything works now...

thanks for the help.

Back