[Request] Updated voting feature

}x{ Dragon

Contributor
Veteran XX
Currently from what I understand, the voting has to be done by EVERY player to stand a chance of working, and its not as simple as yes or no. You gotta go to the admin menu (f3) and select a map that you vote for, and if enough people do the same thing for the same map, it "passes".

What was wrong with the one person starts a vote and the yes/no voting scheme? :(

i actually think this system is better.........for all of you who have played cs, this might seem familiar. This way, everyone feels obligated to vote because there WILL be a map change unless everyone votes for the current map. a more proactive approach.

It's a dumb system. Everyone will vote for a diff map, some people won't vote, it's just, not very good in pubs.

Everyone will vote for the map they want.

in T1:

Someone starts a vote for a map.

Another person looks at the map and says, its better then the map we are on right now, but its not my favorite map, but I will vote yes.

Everyone else thinks the same way with the exception of a few people who don't vote anyway.

The vote passes, and the map changes.

In T:V:

Someone looks at the maps, chooses their favorite one.

Everyone does this and no one gets anywhere because everyone votes for there favorite map instead of getting onto a map that is better then the one they are currently on.

On top of all this you have people spamming saying, "Vote For MapName" until finally the map changes or the person gets kicked.

This sucks. Fix it.

this thread needs to be brought back to life...

The t1/t2 voting system is the best I have ever used. MOHAA voting comes close, but not quiet. All 3 are vote for what you want, then press __ for yes or __ for no.
Its very simple, intuitive, fast, etc etc.

Having everyone stop what they are doing to go into the voting menu to vote for something is retarded.

As far as admining or kicking, it's very helpful. You don't have to worry about having to revote over and over because someone is afk or forgets to vote once.

i think a good system for pubs would be when one team is close to capping out say 2 caps away or say 5-10 mins to go b4 map change, a (nondisturbing) announcement comes up saying what the next map will be, at this time u can choose to stay with next map or vote a better one, this will prevent the loading of an unwanted map and the constant mapchange requests....may be confusing to some but it can be tweaked

dunce_boy said:
this thread needs to be brought back to life...

The t1/t2 voting system is the best I have ever used. MOHAA voting comes close, but not quiet. All 3 are vote for what you want, then press __ for yes or __ for no.
Its very simple, intuitive, fast, etc etc.

Having everyone stop what they are doing to go into the voting menu to vote for something is retarded.

Word. Tell people what they need to press for yes and no and what the vote is for would be perfection.

Trusk|llz said:
i think a good system for pubs would be when one team is close to capping out say 2 caps away or say 5-10 mins to go b4 map change, a (nondisturbing) announcement comes up saying what the next map will be, at this time u can choose to stay with next map or vote a better one, this will prevent the loading of an unwanted map and the constant mapchange requests....may be confusing to some but it can be tweaked

Gay, this is not CS. That limits your ability to change the map when you want to.

I want an Enemy:Territory like System where a huge Text "Vote Yes (F1) or No (F2)" pops up, so every full concentrated player HAS to see it. I hate it, when votes don't go through because only 20% of the servers population recognizes, that a vote is on the way....

(tbh, votesystem is very important and atm it sucks big time, pls fix that)

it sucks to try vote to kick someone with the current TV method too.

I tried to vote to kick Wiggle last night...you know, stricktly for testing purposes...not because he's annoying as fuck....and its too much to ask everyone to go and vote the same thing. I know they all would have happily clicked yes though :)

In my opinion, the best way to do this would be the following.
Someone starts a map vote.
Everyone votes for the map they want to play.
The map with the highest number of votes (say out of 16 people it might be 8) then voted on. In other words, 16 people vote for their favorite map. The map that gets the most is at 8..not a majority and not enough to pass by itself. The server automatically starts a vote for that map by itself. If the certain X % vote yes for that map, it changes. In this way, people will not vote 'no' simply because it is not their favorite map, because obviously their fav map would not pass a vote. You get a vote for a particular, popular map that is unbiased by those who say "I won't vote for that because it's not my favorite."

Anyways, this is the best thing I can think of at the moment.

Strik3r said:
In my opinion, the best way to do this would be the following.
Someone starts a map vote.
Everyone votes for the map they want to play.
The map with the highest number of votes (say out of 16 people it might be 8) then voted on. In other words, 16 people vote for their favorite map. The map that gets the most is at 8..not a majority and not enough to pass by itself. The server automatically starts a vote for that map by itself. If the certain X % vote yes for that map, it changes. In this way, people will not vote 'no' simply because it is not their favorite map, because obviously their fav map would not pass a vote. You get a vote for a particular, popular map that is unbiased by those who say "I won't vote for that because it's not my favorite."

Anyways, this is the best thing I can think of at the moment.
Wouldn't it be easier to just put up a vote, because by that system you only vote for maps that you know will get 50%+, but it's much more time consuming and less efficient because while some people may want that map, they don't feel obliged to go in and vote for it to push it to the 50%-able-to-vote limit.

.. just put in t2 system - it worked and was effective - really the only "downside" to it was that it took up two keybinds :rolleyes:

Back