[Request][SP] Autosave.

Disdain

Veteran X
I've only played one map of T:V MP, lucky me--I got to play Isle! =(

BUT! I have played a few missions of the SP, which are very fun and I wish I didn't have to work late tonight to get home to play more. I do have one suggestion: could we get an autosave at the start of a new mission? I'm not a "save every 2 minutes" player, if I'm kicking butt I don't want to quit the action to ESC>SAVE GAME>SAVE GAME AS; stopping to save really hurts the game's flow. Now this wouldn't be such a big deal, but I was playing through to the Colosseum this morning and got to the first cutscene and got the "you fool, you watched the whole cutscene, so I must crash" bug. Less to say, the only time I'd saved was when I was
Spoiler
when it flashes on the screen "You can save whenever you want by..."

So, after I crashed I had to replay all of the missions I'd already beaten. Also I have a paranoid tendency to save as often as I can, which really ruins the pace (as I said above). Could we get that default "at the begining of each level" autosave so if we do end up crossing a bug we don't have to start from scratch again if we're too into playing to remember to save?

Also, this is not a priority....for all you flamers out there, just a simple request "when they have time, if they can" sort of thing.

it's called restart. There's a button that you can click when you die that will take you to the start of the last mission. Hit F5 to quick save there if you want or just save normally. I'm not sure if that will be as "cool" as an autosave, but it will at least help your problems...

LostAngel said:
it's called restart. There's a button that you can click when you die that will take you to the start of the last mission. Hit F5 to quick save there if you want or just save normally. I'm not sure if that will be as "cool" as an autosave, but it will at least help your problems...
You can't quite restart if you crash like I did above. Now everytime I hit a cutscene I get paranoid that I'm going to crash if I watch it to the finish.

But, thanks for the f5 heads-up. I didn't take the time to RTFM for that one yet.

actually, the manual doesn't mention saving at all... it does mention loading, but that's only when it's talking about the buttons in the main screen.

what's the button to quickload, LA?

*edit*
nevermind, saw it in User.ini (F8)

Back