Renegades switching to Torque and Legends!

The Horny Rat said:
TSE, is not just a simple upgrade of TGE, its an almost total rebuild of TGE...

I am not sure if you are a coder or have done any research but as I stated before many people who know what they are talking about have stated the transition from TGE->TSE is not overly complex. Should take under two weeks to complete.

Just as I did with T:V I will wait my judgement on the game til its release. The best thing about this Renegades game, it won't leave me $40 short.

Good luck RenWerX if I can assist you, lemme know.

Sheesh. Why people are worried about what HL did or didn't do is beyond me.

It's not as if this matters anyway. There's nothing stopping new players from coming on line. There's quite a few outlets which will give this game its due once released in something aside from beta form. Think places like slashdot, happypenguin, etc...

Think about it. There are two things people are worried about in Legends: 1) Artwork (which is being redone) and 2) Bugs (which will be fixed with active development).

Both concerns about the base game are being fixed / upgraded. Add in support for what is arguably the biggest mod in Tribes, and you'll get a good player base. This is a great thing for the gaming community in general. I'm looking forward to it.

DEbig3 said:
ss2845 has been working on tge in the same manner. any screenshots youve seen of it in torque were tge, not tse.

Exactly. I would tell folks to quit worrying about building on TSE. Clancore is also building their base on TGE and will probaly convert over to TSE later. TSE is not even finished or commercially available yet accept in a state for testing.

I thinks its obvious that the intent to move to TSE will happen once its available, but for now the current game will be built on TGE.

Read the details on the TSE Milestones before you get all up in a frenzy

http://www.garagegames.com/mg/projects/tse/

Nefilim said:
DO you guys idle in IRC? I noticed none of you are in the legends dev channel... I'd like to talk you guys about mapping n stuff....

Our forums are welcome to all sorts of useless banter and bullshit. Speak your mind there as you please.

Calsa said:
I idle in both legends and renwerx but no one ever chats in Legends they just idle and idle and idle :(
We're too busy trying to fix bugs, add content and tweak the game to perfection ;)

Well, some of us are anyway... That "loop" guy doesnt do anything :)

ilys said:
We're too busy trying to fix bugs, add content and tweak the game to perfection ;)

Well, some of us are anyway... That "loop" guy doesnt do anything :)

and the problem is? I mean, someone has to do nothing. if i don't, then who?

whose valuable skills would you lay to rest? at least I have so little to contribute, it's okay that I stopped contributing altogether and now just spend my time making bad jokes in our room.

cuz that's REALLY all i do.

Time to go set up some new servers (on Linux). Any tips on where to start? Downloads, howtos, etc.? I'm guessing it should be pretty similar to a tribes2d setup.

Check the Legends forums and readme files in the pacakge for more details, but the quick rundown here:

The dedicated server is included in the download package. Make sure you get the 0.4.1b package linked from the main page: http://www.legendsthegame.tk

Firewall issues: Allow ports 28000:28002 on both tcp and udp.

Hardware wise, the machine doesn't have to be blasingly fast, a safe thing would be anything above 1GHz and 512 MB ram (my server is a celeron OC'd to 750 and 384 MB. MA's cause it to stutter a bit, but for the most part it works ok).

There's a launcher which monitors the server called ispawn included in the download. See the linux.txt files for details. I use a shell script though which re-launches in the case of the server going down (my server machine has hardware issues, which is why I got it for free from work, so every once in a while the server app will die w/o taking the entire machine down):
Code:
#! /bin/tcsh
while (1)
 ./lindedicated -dedicated
end
But for the most part it's stable. If you have any questions, just post in the legends forums.

Only UDP 28000 inbound is required, just like T2. No TCP, and no additional ports. If you firewall outbound, you need to open up the master server connection, but I'll need to run a packet trace to see what that is, as it apparently doesn't stay connected. (I'm looking right now with "lsof -i | grep linded".)

Back