Removing minor windshield scratches?

Frumpy Frampton

Contributor
Veteran X
I have a bunch of minor windshield scratches. I hear if you can get your fingernail caught in the scratches they are unrepairable, but I can't get my fingernail caught in them, but they are definitely noticeable from the outside and inside.

Anybody have any solutions or should I just take it to an auto glass place to try and get them buffed out or whatever? Anybody know how much that generally costs? it's anywhere from 5-10 long (~6-inch) scratches.

it will cost you, you can go to some glass places that use a filler but you might as well deal with it till it explodes on you.

I am looking for the same service for the rear window on a '65 Barracuda. They can be found, but they aren't easy to come by. There has got to be some practical filler or something.

I've had chipped windshields and cracked windshields, even broken windshields, but I've never in 23 years of driving had a "scratch".

How the fuck do you scratch a windshield?

I've had chipped windshields and cracked windshields, even broken windshields, but I've never in 23 years of driving had a "scratch".

How the fuck do you scratch a windshield?

Stone gets caught in wipers, wipe. scratch, FUCK.

While I've not done it personally, I've been in a car that this has happened and you just watch as a perfect arch is created infront of your eyes.

Back