Relocating to Oakville, Ontario, Canada

RazorJack

Contributor
Veteran XX
Looking to relocate to Oakville, Ontario for 3 months field placement (january - april). Any suggestions on short term/cheap housing?

I hear Canada has some cozy basements, but I think that's only in Saskatoon.

RazorJack said:
Looking to relocate to Oakville, Ontario for 3 months field placement (january - april). Any suggestions on short term/cheap housing?
oakville is know as richville. it is an expensive upper-middle-class yuppy suburb, and it is really nice.

finding good rentals there for short term will suck, but i bet you can find something nice. try this: http://relocatecanada.com/oakville/rentals.html (not sure if that will help, first result on google...?), but your best bet is probably finding an apt. in a house or low-rise. not sure where to find that online.

There are a couple really fun bars (though not fun in the winter), and lots of hot cougar women.

oakville is kinda expansive. i live in brampton its dirt cheap and theres lots of niggers. ITS HARD LIVING IN SOUTHERN ONTARIO

but you dont want to live in brampton.

you could live in missisauga but living in oakville is better than both.

fuck i hate brampton. i got chased by a bunch of portugese dudes with bats for skating "on their park". i spent way too much time there as a kid.

theres always fights between the guys i hang out with the ginos and the fucking pakis the niggers dont even bother us. what park was it?

I'm trying to imagine gang violence in the suburbs of Canada.

"Snowball fight! Check yourself, foo!"

Mr. Hated said:
theres always fights between the guys i hang out with the ginos and the fucking pakis the niggers dont even bother us. what park was it?
gage park er something. long time ago.

my cousins grew up there, and we hung out a lot. i would go there for a month every summer before i started working. the city is the most racial-devided city i have ever seen in canada.

you'll find all the cheaper student housing around Sheridan College. take 5 steps outside that area though and it's all grandparents and rich people. My parents live in Burlington, one town over, you could live there for your placement if you have a car. Burlington is cheaper if you can deal with highschool kids that have too much attitude and not enough brains. (so....highschool kids.)

Crom said:
gage park er something. long time ago.

my cousins grew up there, and we hung out a lot. i would go there for a month every summer before i started working. the city is the most racial-devided city i have ever seen in canada.

they said gage was theres? if you ever come back to brampton hit me up on irc and we'll go have some fun.

Mr. Hated said:
they said gage was theres? if you ever come back to brampton hit me up on irc and we'll go have some fun.
word - i haven't been there for more than dinner since high-school (aka 8yrs ago...me getting chased by portugesers happened like 11yrs ago...haha).

i try to stay away from there now...

4niKtor said:
Im in Burlington, theres some cheap hosuing towards Hamilton, and you wont have a very far drive.
yea, but then you would have to live near hamilton.

seriously, if he is just there for 3 months i would just grab a place in oakville. no point living far out of where you work, even if it costs you more.

hated, are you in HS in brampton?

Field Placement (coop) is near the ford plant.... should have added that earlier.

Looking at Oakville, as I may not have a vehicle unless I rent one, (cause it may be provided by the company).

Thx for the ideas.

Back