[Release Thread] Overwatch

not much any of us can do to promote a closed alpha dude. i'm as hopeful for it as anyone but what exactly can be done to promote it at this point?

no shut up i will alpha dog u to justin timberflake hell if i have to to make this game popular

u r all my mind slaves now

STEP 1

WE R ALL QUITTING OVERWATCHC

I tried paladins, took me one game to lay waste to everyone cause no decent people play hirez games.

Least overwatch has decent players.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

overwatch has paid salary russian cheaters with a programmer that has access to blizzard servers fuck urself its a rig fuck chump

i think he means how its hard to gain elo on lucio since the algorithm not only bases your gains by victory but also by personal performance and apparently it dont give a fuck how much u heal.

which bliz has recently awknowledged and should be fixing soon

ppl say that but the top #1 eu and na player last season were lucio mains. there's a lot of lucio mains at the top from what ive seen.

if i was fire and living the d.a.r.e. no regrets no posing lifestyle

i would podium and smash a computer or some shit and shout out BUY MIDAIR BUY REFLEX FEMINISM RULES VOTE HILLARY FUCK CORPORATE OLIGARCHY etc

grab the hottest girl there , take off my glasses all anime style and make out right on stage CUP HER ASS

get mad pussy forever for that

ppl say that but the top #1 eu and na player last season were lucio mains. there's a lot of lucio mains at the top from what ive seen.

We (main healers) need a response! - Overwatch Forums

What it looks like to us is:

--Zen places fine
--Ana places fine
--Mercy places low (fix in flight)
--Lucio places really low (fix in flight)

There were other heroes (non-support) who were placing too high and too low... and there are fixes in flight for these as well.

He uses the phrase "fix in flight" which makes me think it's still not fixed yet though. :weird:

overwatch already has skiing and midair rockets... just pick pharah and slide down rooftops lol

fire how is esport lyfe? r u and zp bestes friends? if not i can refer u to him

fix in flight? wtf... i b engineer forever first time i hear that 1 lol

Yea but there is no such thing as a pure Lucio main who solo queues in the top 500 either. If you're going to main Lucio, you more or less have to run in a 3 man minimum with top 50 dps players. At that point you can definitely contribute.

Think of it like this: The best Lucio in the world (forget about ratings) compared to the 500th best Lucio is a tiny relative difference. Its basically a split second small ult and speed boost timing differences, such that it might make a statistical difference once every say two hours of play (a teamfight might change from a win to a loss as a counterfactual).

Now the difference between the 500th best McCree and the number 1 McCree in the world is so enormous that it's not even the same game.

The rule of thumb last season for ranked in solo queue was you wanted your team to optimize the following way as an example of a typical team comp.
1) McCree
2) Genji/Tracer
3) Zarya
4) Zen
5) Reinhart/Winston
6) Lucio

So if the best McCree player was also the best Genji, he/she should pick McCree. And so on down the line. A few switches were necessary if a player couldn't play a certain character well, but the point is you wanted to maximize relative ranking difference.

Meanwhile the team comp that you knew was an instant loss was when say the two rank 80s on your team both play Reinhart and Lucio. That's terrible, b/c now your dps are going to be like lvl 60, and the enemy teams are going to be like rank 75+ It was just a bad optimization of value.

overwatch already has skiing and midair rockets... just pick pharah and slide down rooftops lol

fire how is esport lyfe? r u and zp bestes friends? if not i can refer u to him

fix in flight? wtf... i b engineer forever first time i hear that 1 lol

ya im friends w/ zp we were on teams 2gether in the past nd he got me into the beta. esports life prob done for now im going back to school and it wasn't going so well nyway. :shrug:

Yea but there is no such thing as a pure Lucio main who solo queues in the top 500 either.

there def are minstrel is one that comes to mind. mayb im wrong w/ this but i always ran into him solo and he was always playing lucio.

The best Lucio in the world (forget about ratings) compared to the 500th best Lucio is a tiny relative difference.

i think you're big time wrong with this. mechanically that's probably correct, but lucio is in the best position to be a shotcaller in the game and the shotcallers are the most important player(s) on the team imo. the game is all about smart engagements/disengagements.

Last edited:
i think you're big time wrong with this. mechanically that's probably correct, but lucio is in the best position to be a shotcaller in the game and the shotcallers are the most important player(s) on the team imo. the game is all about smart engagements/disengagements.

Definitely agree that having a great shotcaller is enormous and makes a huge difference over all. But yea it doesn't have to be Lucio. Reinhart or the secondary healer works almost as well.

I played most of my games in the low 70 bracket in season 1, and it was relatively rare to have voice com support. It was great when it was available, but most of the games played basically just like in quick play, read without much strat. So I'd argue that from a pure min/max perspective, my statement holds.

I'd say that shotcalling and the crucial Tank/Support play is far more important in real competitive play rather than in ranked play. Ranked play was all about having eg the best Genji or slayer character kill everyone.. In tournament play, characters like Genji are mostly neutralized by team coordination eg Reinhart ult or support ult timing, whereas that was usually not coordinated that much in ranked.

I'm probably wrong, but it just doesn't strike me as a good proposition to play a character that is at the mercy of how good his teammates are.

I thought denty was banned...

His nonsensical dribble while occasionally amusing is starting to get tiresome.

Back