[RELEASE] Speed Bar

byteasc

Veteran X
This replaces the Speedo extension that was included with the MP Demo.

speedbar.jpg

http://byte.zenegg.com/file.php?file=releases/SpeedBar.zip

Includes a readme with instructions, but basically,

extract to T:V root folder, edit TribesHUD.ini and replace the Speedo Extension line with the one in the readme (make sure it is uncommented), and edit the SpeedBar.ini to change Maximum value or Text Color.

Red and Yellow are the only 2 Bar colors in this package.. might make others, if requested. The ini file has both of the colors listed, just a matter of copying the commented lines to where the uncommented ones are.

edit: reuploaded a new package that fixes the grey spots on the Red Bar..
edit: added missing section for Container
edit: added bValue option for showing or hiding the Value Label

Last edited:
These speedometers measure absolute speed rather than horizontal velocity, which isnt as useful really. If you seem to be going faster than expect it's because the 'highest sustained speed' reading at the end of the map measures only horizontal velocity, so falling extremely fast doesn't get you any awards.

A horizontal speedometer would be more useful if anyone can figure out how to make one.

Great idea. I'll try this out. Does it reflect the top speed shown on the score board after the map is over? Meaning... will I ever see a top speed on the score board that's slower than the fastest speed I've seen on the speed bar in the map?

Crap.. I forgot one section in the Ini.. I have updated the file, but just put this in SpeedBar.ini

Code:
[ext_SpeedHudContainer]
horizontalAlignment=HALIGN_Top
verticalAlignment=VALIGN_Left
Width=165
Height=52

Then you can change alignment there.. sorry about that

WorstAim said:
has anyone figured out how to make a bar that goes from green to red or any color to another color?

Working on that.. By default, the textures are obviously static... Text can change colors easily (from what I can tell, and in reality so can Textures... just a matter of setting them up..

Going to try and make 1 texture that will allow the color to be specified in the ini, so there will be no need for any different files

Back