[Release] ServerLogo TV - for Server Admins

byteasc

Veteran X
ServerLogoTV is a ServerActor for the Retail version of Tribes: Vengeance
It will display an Admin-specified Logo to every client, that will then fade out of view.

It is very basic right now, but I plan to port over some of the other things I saw,
including allowing the logo to Move around the screen and such.

serverlogo.jpg

Example Images - CkB logo is for my own testing, and the Gamespy one is the Default one

Please follow the Readme.txt file inside of the Zip for proper instructions and usage. This is not being released as a Mutator due to broken Mutator support via WebAdmin in the current release of T:V - I will be releasing updated WebAdmin to handle that problem though.

If you need assistance with this, or can't figure out how to get your logo onto a server, feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help you - I can't guarantee that I will have 100% time to dedicate, but I will try to guide you in right direction.

ServerLogoTV Download

edit: updated URL

Last edited:
:( yes please dont do this. I can see it now every server i go into theres going to be a stupid logo abstructing my view. Spend your time maken something more usefull for the game

It does fade... though its time controlled by the Server admin... but I will update and put in a limit on timing and possibly some way to keep client from showing it if they so choose... not sure if that'll be totally possible, but will take a look.

jgs said:
:( yes please dont do this. I can see it now every server i go into theres going to be a stupid logo abstructing my view. Spend your time maken something more usefull for the game

Actually.. For alot of people who have a chance to get a Server from a Server Hosting company or similiar, working it out where they promote the Server company with a Logo ingame can/does help reduce costs or even allow some promotional arrangements to be made.

And then for those who don't need that kind of option, then hey.. don't use it.. but it fades away and adds a bit of customization to every server which is a good thing.

which file and feel free to send me a PM here or on Irc (TsN|Byte)

edit: assuming the texture package - Content\Art

updated readme, since I guess I thought I mentioned it, but didn't

Did you already release that FPS and Ping hud? If not, please do! It's very sexy.

heh no.. ping is easy.. but unfortunately FPS isn't a script function at the moment - so trying to find out if there is a work around.. might put out ping section though just so people can get it

I like the idea, dare we could keep the logo small, and fade after maybe 10 seconds or so... (Yeah, I saw that there is a fading for it)

Maybe a 50x50? Or something similar?

_Gummeh_ said:
yes release ping in mean time and update when u get fps :D

Doubt I will post about it, but if you or anybody else want it,,, feel free to send me a PM and I will try and recompile a version with just ping enabled and such

ZOD said:
This is pretty bad news. Ranks up their with the Server issue.

Well.. Mutator support works, but alot of the functions they added.. dont heh...

The biggest issue is WebAdmin support for Mutators is completely hosed and has been since Beta. They "rewrote" it because apparantly it wasn't working or something initially, yet I uncommented and copied alot of the original functions from UT back in, and it works fine lol...

So, I will have WebAdmin replacement again, in a day or less

Back