Rejection

Mystic Reaper

Veteran XV
First off, I'm drunk.

So, to the point. I was in a 4 year relationship that ended nearly a year ago. I have decided that I'm ready to start getting into the dating scene again now. Why I waited this long is beyond me, but whatever. I go out with some buds with the expecataion of meeting a girl their that I have met once before, albeit I was smashed and so was shee, I was looking foward to talking to her again and possibly setting up a date.

Things go good for about an hour, but apperntly something went sour in her mind as I basically got the "have a nice night" line rather than the "lets hook up some time later line".

Question is, Have I just been out of talking to women for so long that I am a total tard about it now? So solution is just keep trying, which I have told friends who were single several times myself. Thing is, I don't take being rejected well at all, its an ego thing I guess. Anything I can do to just move on and start talking to the next woman w/o missing a beat?

TeeDub, advice please.

I can't believe I'm posting this bullshit here, but wtf, maybe the flame posts will help harden my fragile ego.

one wrong thing said can usually tip the scales.... did you mention the ex and what a bitch she was etc etc? Women hate that.

women are all about the small shit...details are SOOO insanely important. Like, if you just meet a chick, you can't constantly compliment her or she'll think you're one of those player-massively-arrogant types. But you can't not say anything complimenty at all, cuz then she'll be like "wtf, why doesn't he think i'm hot?" and get pissed.

I've learned all of this from my ex. she explained the rules to me, thank god for small mercies.

edit: And apparently boobs are not meant to be looked at during conversation. wtf.

R-man said:
edit: And apparently boobs are not meant to be looked at during conversation. wtf.
Yeah what the fuck is that.. don't talk about what a pig i am the second i'm out of sight because i happened to glance at your massive tits that are hanging half way out of your shirt. Whore.

nah, lj is more like "MY LIFE IS ovar!!!!111 waht will i do? I loved her like i hvae nevar loved b4!"

edit: fuck yeah machine! i dont understand how chicks think it's okay to skank up, but it's not okay for us to APPRECIATE them being skanked up.

Mystic Reaper said:
First off, I'm drunk.

So, to the point. I was in a 4 year relationship that ended nearly a year ago. I have decided that I'm ready to start getting into the dating scene again now. Why I waited this long is beyond me, but whatever. I go out with some buds with the expecataion of meeting a girl their that I have met once before, albeit I was smashed and so was shee, I was looking foward to talking to her again and possibly setting up a date.

Things go good for about an hour, but apperntly something went sour in her mind as I basically got the "have a nice night" line rather than the "lets hook up some time later line".

Question is, Have I just been out of talking to women for so long that I am a total tard about it now? So solution is just keep trying, which I have told friends who were single several times myself. Thing is, I don't take being rejected well at all, its an ego thing I guess. Anything I can do to just move on and start talking to the next woman w/o missing a beat?

TeeDub, advice please.

I can't believe I'm posting this bullshit here, but wtf, maybe the flame posts will help harden my fragile ego.
practice makes perfect.

Hey Mystic. :wave: Just dont try, the right girl with come around when the time is right. Just be available and relax.

Machine said:
Yeah what the fuck is that.. don't talk about what a pig i am the second i'm out of sight because i happened to glance at your massive tits that are hanging half way out of your shirt. Whore.

To the best of my memory I don't remember staring at her tits, although she insisted I grab her friends ass. Perhaps that was some sort of test I failed, whatever, don't tempt me with booty and expect me to hold up while under the influence.

For the record I'm not hung up on her, my problem is being rejected not being rejected by her.

Jazmine said:
Hey Mystic. :wave: Just dont try, the right girl with come around when the time is right. Just be available and relax.

Heya Jaz. Thanks. You know, that is so true. The time that I meet the most women in my life is while I am in a relationship, and I'm not looking to hook up with anyone. I guess it boils down to not appearing to be interested when in fact you are. That crap seems so high schoolish though.

I'm with you, but without the relationship bit.

I think I realized something today. There are a few (like 1 in 1000) that like me. I just gotta wait around till I run into one of them, and ask them to hang out. About one in 1000 of them might be at the right stage in her rebound to do so.

Fuck this is hard.

Mystic Reaper said:
First off, I'm drunk.

TeeDub, advice please.

So far my acceptance:rejection ratio is about 1:20, so suck it up bitch. Christ pretty much all I get is rejections and you don't see me bitching. Just cause some chick doesn't want to fuck you after 5 minutes of small talk doesn't mean you're a loser.

Think of it this way. What gun would you want to defend yourself? Probably a shotty or a full auto machine gun. Relationships are the same. Shoot of enough rounds and you've got to hit something, no matter how shit you are at aiming.

Back