[reggs] colored shirts with white collars

retribution

Veteran X
I, for one, think these shirts are horrendously ugly and that people who wear them should be beaten over the head with shovels.
billlumbergh1fullij3.jpg

I saw a guy wearing a powder blue shirt with a white collar earlier this evening and it made my eyes bleed.

I, for one, think these shirts are horrendously ugly and that people who wear them should be beaten over the head with shovels.
billlumbergh1fullij3.jpg

I saw a guy wearing a powder blue shirt with a white collar earlier this evening and it made my eyes bleed.

bateman.jpg

I'd wear it... But I would wear it with the jacket...

I like them.

Sartorial History Time:

In the days of old, white fabric was a status symbol. Washing clothes was a luxury for the rich, so to show of one's wealth, you would wear a white shirt to prove that it was washed often enough to stay white. After time the rich all looked the same and wanted diversity in their clothing so they had colored shirts made, but left the white collars as a way of saying "Ha ha! Look at how rich I am!"

This is also how the detachable collar came about. People would "cheat" at this display of wealth by making shirts with collars that could be washed separately.

prince-charles-wedding-of-laura-parker-bowles-and-harry-lopes-fFNe3Q.jpg

Back