Recommend me a bandwidth monitor

ZoneAlarm is showing a ton of activity on my downstream, but the only thing I have going is Bit Torrent. But what's weird about that is that for a torrent with a shitload of seeds, I'm only downloading at av average of 6k/sec. My connection has also been slow for the last couple of days, so I'm wondering what the fuck is going on.

I need a monitor to check this out, but every time I look for one, they're all extremely expensivo and I'd like a free one.

So hook me up, bitches.

win2k/winxp have a performance monitor you can use to view bytes sent/bytes received.

WeNdeL said:
:rofl:

he's worried about his machine being compromised and you tell him to use a native M$ utility?

sure why not. i've seen hacked systems set up as a IRC fserv & several bandwidth monitors showed the traffic.

WeNdeL said:
:rofl:

he's worried about his machine being compromised and you tell him to use a native M$ utility?
It's cool. I don't think there was a problem, it just looked like a lot of activity for a slow torrent, you know? Nothing to really worry about, I don't think. ZoneAlarm can be really nondescript with its meter.

Bandwidth Monitor Pro (.com) works pretty well and has alarms and stuff. Samurize probably uses the least amount of CPU though.

Back