Recent Sci-fi video games

Stuttrboy

Veteran X
I need my sci-fi fix. Anyone know any decent, recent sci-fi games? By recent I mean in the last 3 or so years.

I've played Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics.
I enjoyed Pax Imperia thought the most recent MOO was pretty much a let down.
I loved System Shock 1 and 2 and I've played Bioshock, but that kinda pushes the line between sci-fi and noir.

I don't want a game with a ton of Micro-management.

Any ideas?

i literally bought a new computer so i could play mass effect btw (well im exaggerating, my old comp couldn't play any new games past lowest settings, ME was the last straw)

the story was so engrossing i played the prologue and was hooked

ass affect

edit: although, I didn't get quite the nerd boner from it that tons of people have (best game ever, etc), it is still incredibly solid and definitely worth the purchase. it also runs very fucking well on my little laptop-so sexy.

Last edited:
i literally bought a new computer so i could play mass effect btw (well im exaggerating, my old comp couldn't play any new games past lowest settings, ME was the last straw)

the story was so engrossing i played the prologue and was hooked
Nerd alert.

BTW, I won't play Ass Effect because it was a game perfectly suited for the PC that was dumbed down in order to appeal to the console kiddies.

It had real potential.

Kurayami, it's still a really good game. Only have 2 issues with it:

1. Cumbersome inventory system... For example, when you want to turn a bunch of crap to gel it's usually the low level items which are at the bottom of your list... but each time you convert an item the list resets back to the top. :/ Also, no way to sort the list ever... ugh..

2. Slow ass elevators everywhere. A lot of unskipable cut scenes (anoying me more now as I'm doing my 2nd play through and being a jerk to everyone this time around).

I <3 it though.

BTW, I won't play Ass Effect because it was a game perfectly suited for the PC that was dumbed down in order to appeal to the console kiddies.

It had real potential.

Don't you play Oblivion?

Don't deprive yourself just because they fucked up, it's a growing thread. Business is business after all.

Also, I hated Mass Effect because with 5% of the game left I found a fagtastic red set of light armor with better stats than I had even seen up until that point. I was forced to finish the game with it and my character was going to look like a fruit in the next game so I started over with an Altered (dude with magic powers, whatever they're called) with the ability to use a machine gun. Once again I ended up finishing the game with some fag ass looking gay as fuck armor. I'm still furious.

Last edited:
dsmart_small.jpg

expanding.gif

Back