Real hip hop

If you mean 'freestyle' as in he is making up his rhymes as he goes, i'm sorry but there is no way. Some of it may be freestyle but most of it is written.

"Be slow to speak because the tongue's more lethal than the gun,
when it's all said and done, it's not who won we're one
so when even one is lost our sum is none"

Not that it's a fantastic bar or anything, but that combined with like 20 other dope bars, I just don't think it's possible. Cool song though.

Would you consider this a freestyle?

YouTube - Slaughter - Coldest Winter Ever (part 2)

Nope, I would not consider that freestyle it looks like he's reading it off something, dude almost never takes his eyes off the same spot.

And in the Shad video you can hear him say "should I keep going" , he was free styling you can see in his face when he was losing a bar, or trying to think of another. It's called skill, and ya the dudes good as far as I'm concerned the best rapper in Canada.

I can tell the difference, watching this video it's pretty obvious where they ad libbed and what shit they had written, shit they only had 24 hours notice for it anyway. Just because someone drops a few obviously pre thought up bars throughout a session doesn't mean it's pre written, if it's just a random beat, the moment, and you and all the words you have in your head I'd consider that frees tyling.

edit : skip to 3:00

Its said that Biggy Smalls never wrote his lyrics down, but rather free styled them in his head and remembered them when he recorded.

I think its bullshit, but that's cool if true.

Its said that Biggy Smalls never wrote his lyrics down, but rather free styled them in his head and remembered them when he recorded.

I think its bullshit, but that's cool if true.

Whether or not it's true I can't speak to that
but a good rapper can have hundreds of bars on tap

you really like that song? honestly? i just listened to it and it made me cringe because i could literally feel my iq dropping as each second went by i continued to listen. i just don't understand people these days.

the 2nd one?

it's awesome while driving around burning one down :)

i probably wouldn't listen to it sitting in my room over and over, though

you really like that song? honestly? i just listened to it and it made me cringe because i could literally feel my iq dropping as each second went by i continued to listen. i just don't understand people these days.

also both of those songs are really old... not really a "these days" argument

Back