[Reading] Who's a current hot sci-fi/fantasy author

Peter Hamilton has to be up there. I'm currently reading through his Commonwealth Saga and loving it. His books are quite lengthy, but remarkably entertaining throughout.

Richard Morgan's Takeshi Kovacs trilogy (starts with Altered Carbon) is a must-read. It starts strong and gets even better, I think.

Finally, I totally nerd out over John G. Hemry's Lost Fleet series. It has some flaws, but epic fleet battles and a solid main storyline more than make up for it.

just started the commonwealth

I'm not really digging it though 100 pages in

worth sticking through?

I suppose I should mention that I started with Pandora's Star and not Misspent Youth, which sounded drier and isn't too strongly tied to the other two books.

Which one are you reading?

Nah, that is his Night's Dawn Trilogy. Commonwealth Saga is more recent and separate.

I would just start with Pandora's Star if you're not enjoying what you're currently reading.

gotcha

I'm not 'not enjoying' it, its just that it hasnt gripped me so far

I'll stick it out though, british sci-fi is the best sci-fi

Just finished the new and 13th book of the Dresden Files, thought it was very well done.

ZephyrFox, they explained the how and why of each of your complaints and in the context of the story they all fit and made sense.

Next up something different, Federalist Papers and Anti-Federalist Papers.

Just found this online, it may help:

product.do

Back