**READ THIS** Tribes2 Classic Pub Revival

Brandonm

Branzone.com
I know most people here aren't playing Tribes2, but for those who are or those who might want to I decided I'd post this thread here as well. :wave:

It's time to bring back a quality classic pub for everyone to enjoy. However to do so we need the community to contribute. Beginning [b]Thursday, January 7th @ 9:00PM EST[/b] we need anyone who is available to join the Branzone.com - Central server everyday for the next two weeks. No one likes playing alone, if we do this consistantly for two weeks we should be able to keep a steady flow going.

Here are the details for the server:

Name: Branzone.com - Central
IP: 67.222.138.12:28000
Size: 28 available slots

• Base rape disabled until 7v7 players.
• Random teams
• Random mapcycle
• Online statistics (will be implemented soon)

There are 18 serverside maps in the mapcycle, they will be played randomly with a vote at the start of each map to skip the current map. The mapcycle will be tweaked throughout the week so if there is a map that doesn't play well let me know in IRC. If you get kicked or banned from the server don't come crying to me, frankly I don't have time for that and I most likely won't answer you. Don't do stupid crap and you have nothing to worry about. I will also be implementing accumulative online stats for the server so you can track virtually every stat available.

**** THERE WILL BE NO CLIENTSIDE (TWL) MAPS SORRY NOT POSSIBLE SO DONT ASK ****
The goal for now is to get the server going for a few hours every night for the next two weeks. I'd also like to encourage everyone to introduce other online gamers to Tribes2 so we can try to get some fresh names involved.

Quick Instructions:

Download the full install: Download tribes2_gsi.exe
Download the tribesnext patch: http://www.tribesnext.com/files/TribesNext_rc2a.exe

Install the full game then install the Tribesnext patch. Use the supplied shortcuts to launch the game. Create an account, tweak your settings and you're good to go.

Scripts can be found here: Search Slingscripts

Any questions, comments or concerns hit me up in IRC. (irc.tribalwar.com #branzone)

No flaming or trolling or I will :ban: you. :ftard:

Last edited:
By "quality classic pub" do you mean T2 Classic? (rather than "classic" as in vintage.)

Also, post or link to some quality T2 Installation instructions to make it easier for folks who have been away for a long time.

double edit: oh, I see the post by dare. Comment if those instructions worked for you or if there are better instructions to follow.

Thanks.

Last edited:
By "quality classic pub" do you mean T2 Classic? (rather than "classic" as in vintage.)

Classic mod.

Quick Instructions:

Download the full install: Download tribes2_gsi.exe
Download the tribesnext patch: http://www.tribesnext.com/files/TribesNext_rc2a.exe

Install the full game then install the Tribesnext patch. Use the supplied shortcuts to launch the game. Create an account, tweak your settings and you're good to go.

Scripts can be found here: Search Slingscripts

you should copy this to gd as well brandon

Sorry what is gd?

This will never happen. T2 has sucked for years now because the games always end up in some shitty ass newb server with 50 shitty players flying around.

The vet players would rather play in the big 40 player newb servers where they can get some big kill scores instead of playing some smaller games where the games are a little funner.

Last edited:
Installed.

My old account is dust? I need to make a new one?

Recommend some scripts y0. Been awhile.

Tribes Next must have done the trick because before that there was only a katabatic only and a version 2 server available. There are several classic options now. Nice.

I havn't touched any tribes since I got T1 came out, and even then only played it for a year unlike most folks here. I might join in and noob it up a bit.

I might "buy" T2 now...

Spoiler

props for putting this together, even if it doesn't stick. Whatever the revivals, the games don't revive themselves.

Back