Reactions to VUG's statement that they will not be making another Tribes game.

sad................

when multi-gamming first became popular i wasn't totally satisfied. i was happy and amazed to be able to play games against people who i never met. and was happy that there was an alternative to single-player.

Tribes was my first game i fell in luv with. the 1st team-based game ever. most of my fondest memories from gamming are from tribes. i can still feel that twinge of excitement when i reflect back.

please sell the franchise. or sub'it to someone who 'dares' try to bring her life again.

so sad.................

this is like finding out your first girlfriend, or luv, just got whacked by a bus.

thanks vug........... have fun w/ ur counter-strike, im sure your waiting to screw those boys too.

Never is a strong word. You never know what holds in the future, however I agree the chances are remote for another game in the Tribes series to succeed. Honestly, for me, I will look to T1/T2/T:V in all their mod's for my gaming needs. (games w/o jetpacks/skiing just don't do it for me).

It would be nice to see the ENTIRE Tribes community come together and form one large ladder again, like it was with T1. Competition is the reason we all play this game. It is interesting with Tribes because I believe we are a unique gaming breed. Obviously we have particular tastes and we are very fussy about our gameplay.

Regardless of what happens in the future I am thankful for all 3 games and I've enjoyed all the teams I've been apart of.

Void - OUF - IC - nCn - sn - Div - COBRA

I am happy they are not making another Tribes game.

Lack of support aside T:V wasn't "Tribes" anyway, imvfho - so producing a new version would surely be a waste of time.

frankly i'm pretty sure they'll make another one, despite their own statement that its highly unlikely or whatever. thing is, it wont happen for a while, so its not worth waiting for.

Some other developer will realize the void that has been created by the death of this line of games. I don't think we will ever see "Tribes" again but we will surely see a game with freedom of movement, speed, and teamwork... hopefully by a competent developer.

There will never be a game close enough to Tribes to satisfy me. The game was far too unique for anything to match the skill required to play, and the speed that got your adrenaline pumping. Nothing compares to nailing a 200 meter MA disk, or dramatic mid-air flag return that Tribes allowed. <3 ggs Tribes

I would be overjoyed if VUG never made another Tribes game. I am dancing a fucking jig right now. Now what has to happen is people stop playing the abortion they released and get behind a community project.. which one to support, I don't know, I don't like the direction any of them have taken but at least theres something.

ZOD said:
I would be overjoyed if VUG never made another Tribes game. I am dancing a fucking jig right now. Now what has to happen is people stop playing the abortion they released and get behind a community project.. which one to support, I don't know, I don't like the direction any of them have taken but at least theres something.

ZOD speaketh well.

ZOD said:

Is there a reason (s) that Legends cannot work at some point in the future? Where do you figure they are going wrong?

From my perspective, I just want T2 with better graphics.

ZOD said:

What's holding you back from joining RWX or Legends? If you are who I thnk you are, you could be a great help.

Zio said:
I'm just wondering now that everyone knows there will never be a Tribes 3, what are your reactions now?
They NEVER said "never"...
On future Tribes games: very difficult to imagine and no one should expect it - but stranger things have happened. It was expressed that the current regime at VUG was very unlikely to greenlight another Tribes game.
Still, I'll be happy if they chose not to defile the franchise any further.

-Half

Back