[re-release] Speed Bar - Retail

byteasc

Veteran X
I have recompiled the SpeedBar for Retail T:V - no real difference, just to avoid any possible version issues.

speedbar.jpg

http://byte.zenegg.com/file.php?file=releases/SpeedBar.zip

Read the ReadMe.txt! :)

The bar is now colorable however you want, so have fun with drawcolors...

There is no difference in the SpeedBar.ini from last release, so if you have gotten it a certain way, then you shouldn't need anything but the new SpeedBar.u file.

Hopefully this will fix "Illegal Files" error messages, which if they do show at this point, is a confirmed bug.

Slight bug in the readme:

TribesHUD.ini is in \Content\System, not in \Program\Bin\. People will be looking in the wrong folder for the file.

damn, I installed it properly and edited the .ini. But nothing shows up at all when I join a server.

Im running in 1024x768 at medium detail

byteasc anyway u can make a 'lite' version with just the number? or maybe just the bar as some people would want.

but i personally want just the number value

thanks in advance :)

I can't tell you how because I have a horrible memory, but it's actualy extremely easy to edit the .ini so that the speed bar fits your preferences. You can change it's size, spacing, and location on your HUD... as well as transparency, color... anything you can think of realy.

_Gummeh_ said:
byteasc anyway u can make a 'lite' version with just the number? or maybe just the bar as some people would want.

but i personally want just the number value

thanks in advance :)
just change style=1 to style=0 for fulltexture and emptytexture

to get just the bar set bvalue=false

Is there anyway to make the bar a gradient so that slow speed is red, cruise speed, is yellow, and fast is red? And if it not can the whole bar change colors to match you speed?

BFGanksta said:
Is there anyway to make the bar a gradient so that slow speed is red, cruise speed, is yellow, and fast is red? And if it not can the whole bar change colors to match you speed?

Could make the actual texture to show your colors... but I'm working on a better solution :)

BFGanksta said:
the one I use in my HUD has a gradient from dark red to bright red :shrug:

you have to change the texture in the pkg file

jotun said:
the one I use in my HUD has a gradient from dark red to bright red :shrug:

you have to change the texture in the pkg file

Yeah but I want it from red to yellow to green. And I'm too lazy/stupid/ to edit the pkg file.

Back