Razorgore trick I heard

Zombie

Veteran XX
Not sure how common knowledge this is.

but if you mind control Razorgore, and then have a pally Divine Intervention on him, the adds will despawn.

I've never been to BWL or even read much about it.

just heard this thru a guildmate.

Last edited:
I don't think it was ever ruled an exploit, but it is definitly not how the encounter was supposed to happen.

The fight is definitly organized chaos, but once you get it down its not too bad.

It's actually a pretty easy fight once you get it down. We just have a hunter running clockwise CCing all the adds while melee DPSes down the mages, occasionally DI'ing a priest to OOC res people. Our first time killing him we only had 3 deaths at the end.

The encounter is really easy once you learn to control the heal agro ( and kite well).

Being a Paladin I can assure you 100% that DI hasnt worked since about 1-2 days after BWL opened.

Im pretty much done with my alliance character (fully epic, alot of tier 2) Ill be curious to see how BWL is on my new Horde main.

Zombie said:
According to Blizz, it wasn't an exploit.

something about it being a puzzle and that's one of the peices.

Which is basically their way of saying "We're not going to admit we fucked up, so we'll just acknowledge the cleverness of that approach."

Interestingly, aside from nef, razorgore is consistently the only boss that seems to take us multiple attempts on any given night. All of the drakes are massive pussies, chromag is maybe the easiest fight in the whole instance and as long as broodlord does not get too apeshit he is pretty simple too. Vael seems like an afterthought nowadays too as long as the server is not lagging.

Razorgore though is always a mess and always seems to take us 3 tries. Maybe I would be able to tolerate it more if he would drop something other than druid bracers and warlock trinket every fucking time. What a jackass razorgore is.

Really? We consistently down Razor first time every time. I know some people might say it's Blessing of Salv, but we tried it once without salv.. same thing, tho a bit scarier. The classes that are key for us are locks, druids, and mages. Plus warriors, of course.

Sojourn said:
Really? We consistently down Razor first time every time. I know some people might say it's Blessing of Salv, but we tried it once without salv.. same thing, tho a bit scarier. The classes that are key for us are locks, druids, and mages. Plus warriors, of course.
We also seem to have a different raid makeup most nights we hit Razorgore and don't go into a normal setup until Vael and further through BWL. Perhaps it's just an issue of adjusting the makeup.

we have shamans line the middle square with earthbind totems, me and another warrior along with shamans equip speed boots and kite in a circle, warriors use piercing howl and demo shout to gain agro on the leggionares

hunters kite the dragons

rogues/mages/locks dps the orc mages

priests/druids heal a few times and run the earthbind circut

the control is still an issue at this point after all the eggs are cleared, but our MT takes control of Mind Control and that usually gives him enough agro to get us started

Last edited:
Sojourn said:
Bos isn't a big deal on this fight. Earthbind totems are far more helpful than bos.

Zombie said:
Not sure how common knowledge this is.

but if you mind control Razorgore, and then have a pally Divine Intervention on him, the adds will despawn.

I've never been to BWL or even read much about it.

just heard this thru a guildmate.
Oh, and this has been around since the encounter came out. Regardless of whether or not it's an exploit (it should be if it isn't) it's lame.

razorgore was cool back when you could win it with priest mind control

was more interesting that way...

we would have 0 orcs and like 10 dragons left by the time we got the eggs down

jotun said:
razorgore was cool back when you could win it with priest mind control

was more interesting that way...

we would have 0 orcs and like 10 dragons left by the time we got the eggs down

we still use priest mind control, its just a bit trickier now.

and we killed Chromaggus tonight Jotun. get your ass in game imo.

Sub40 said:
We also seem to have a different raid makeup most nights we hit Razorgore and don't go into a normal setup until Vael and further through BWL. Perhaps it's just an issue of adjusting the makeup.

We tend to have a strong number of Druids and Locks for Razorgore. 3-4 Locks, and 6 Druids. That might help us a bit with the dragonkin. I'm not entirely sure what other raids do, just that I've heard they tend to be lighter on Druids. We usually have a consistent makeup throughout BWL.

Mages also tend to be one of our best kiting classes for the Legionairres. It's something to consider if you haven't tried it.

FalseMyrmidon said:
Bos isn't a big deal on this fight. Earthbind totems are far more helpful than bos.

Makes sense. I've never really found blessing of salvation to be very influential to this fight. For this encounter as a Druid I simply don't heal, except for the occasional rejuv. CC as many dragons as we can with locks/druids, mages and hunters kite the remaining. Paladins heal the kiting classes. Remaining DPS kills the mages until we hit the mob ceiling. If, for some reason, people are dying.. we have Razor AOE with about 8 eggs left. Otherwise 2-3 eggs just to make sure we have as many people up as possible.. and of course warriors hop in to fear and daze.

Controlled chaos, I suppose. Last night we had zero deaths on it. Probably our best execution of it so far. Sometimes our priests struggle a bit just from pulling aggro, but that's the only real flaw in the strat, and combat res takes care of that usually.

christ. 3-4 locks and 6 druids? if only we were so lucky :[
my guild usually runs 2 locks and 1 druid, but we usually don't have a problem. once we get too many mobs, we just have razor ae a few times to clump mobs and cycle through warrior fears. works well for us. we're horde though, so the earthbind probably helps us a bit more in the earlier stages

Back