Rate this gaming rig

- don't get an amd processor
- either get a better video card or a worse one depending on whether you're going to play games
- download windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
- don't buy a cd-dvd drive

Why wouldn't you just go for the 64bit Win7?
Hell, they come in bundles, 32 and 64 bit discs, so you can pick.

The PSU technically could handle the power consumption, but most OEM PSUs that come with cases kinda suck, from my experience.

- either get a better video card or a worse one depending on whether you're going to play games
Yeah I plan on playing games. I'll take a look at a better video card.

Intel is the way to go these days?

Are you retarded? 32bit will not make all 6GB available to use. With the videocard, you'll at most have 3.5GB of ram that can be used.
Yeah I know I was going to get Windows 7 64 bit, but like I said it was too expensive. I forgot to change the amount of ram. I'll just keep the 6 gigs and download Windows Ultimate 64 bit like mjoe said.

Yeah I know I was going to get Windows 7 64 bit, but like I said it was too expensive. I forgot to change the amount of ram. I'll just keep the 6 gigs and download Windows Ultimate 64 bit like mjoe said.

Please tell me what the price difference between these two are:

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems

You are a retard, aren't you?

AMD Phenom II's are far better than the Phenom I's. Price/performance for them is spot on for a budget gaming rig.

The vid card is fine for the price range. You can't really find much else that runs as well for the same cost.

Download it, sure if you want.
Or buy pro x64 for 30 bucks if you have a .edu email.
It's worth the buy, for once.

No CD/DVD-RW? What? Are you dumb? What reason is there to not buy a DVD burner? They're freaking 30 bucks. Dirt cheap.

Also ---------------\/ He's right. Worth it for $40 bucks, way better card.

Last edited:
yeah but what are you going to do with a cd/dvd drive? the only reason i've used mine is to put the windows 7 burned iso on there because i didn't have a large enough flash drive

Back