RAID Issues

BWarMammoth

Veteran X
I'm using a Giga-byte GA-EP45-UD3R with:
(3) Seagate 1.5TB SATA drives on SATA ports 0, 1, and 2
(1) LG DVD burner on SATA port 5

Vista 32 bit cannot see the drives in RAID setup:
-I loaded up Vista setup and it saw all 3 hard drives just fine.
-I then enabled RAID in the BIOS, and used the Intel RAID config to build the RAID array (RAID 5)
-I went back to Vista setup, loaded the RAID driver from the Giga-bit website, and it cannot see the drives. I also tried the driver from Intels website, which did not work.
-I know I have the right drivers because Vista was able to see the drives before I moved the DvD burner to the ICHR chip. However, when the burner was off of that chip and on the Giga SATA (or a different DVD player on the IDE channel), I got this error:
"windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation"
-Moving the optical drive to the same controller solved this issue, however I can't see the HDDs anymore.
-Also, when I set the BIOS to SATA RAID, the drives are no longer listed in the BIOS, however they are listed fine in the Intel Matrix Manager. Not sure if this plays a role, but the BIOS lists "IDE channels" so I figured this wasn't the issue.

Been working on this for hours :(

OK so I threw the drivers on a USB key instead of a CD, and it picked the drive up, however its giving me the same error:
"windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation"

Did you set the volume as bootable in the Intel raid utility? I can't think of any reason why it would say that..

Back