RAF Instance Towing

Caswell

Veteran XX
Started fresh on Archimonde, and I just got my first pair to 60. My plan was to tow some other characters up to 60 before take any to 70.

Instance grinding seems to be the big thing, so I tried towing my level 8 in RFC...didn't do a whole lot. 18 per kill...I got more from questing, and I level a pair together doing it that way.

My guess is that you need to have a high level character clearing, and a pair of RAF lowbies (thus getting the 3x XP). Am I right, or is there some better way to be doing this?

Yeah. i RAF'd a few toons. got level 30 in under 8 hours played. Its easiest to clear with a warrior since you arent mana dependent and have whirlwind and cleave - plus armor.

Started in Ragefire Chasm. Went to Shadowfang Keep (the best place)...then Scarlet Monestary (even if you are really low compared to mobs you will get some exp). Then Zul Furrak. Then BRD.

As soon as you can do SM cath, do it.

Use my buddies 80 DK to run my 2 alts through and they both get about a full level in ~7 minutes. Once it locks me out I log off though, because after experiencing RAF exp, it's impossible to go back to regular leveling, even RAF questing is a pain in the ass compared to ~1 level in 7 minutes. Dunno what I'll do when Cath starts sucking. Nothing will be as quick.

As soon as you can do SM cath, do it.

Use my buddies 80 DK to run my 2 alts through and they both get about a full level in ~7 minutes. Once it locks me out I log off though, because after experiencing RAF exp, it's impossible to go back to regular leveling, even RAF questing is a pain in the ass compared to ~1 level in 7 minutes. Dunno what I'll do when Cath starts sucking. Nothing will be as quick.

i think the lowest you can go into SM is 25. Starting out (you want to make sure that you're only RAF'd to the lower char, not the higher one running you through) i was getting about 1.5 levels a run. by 35-36 it's 1 level per run. We ran it all the way till i was 42-43, which took about another 10 runs. Gets down to about 60% per run at 39-40. Then we granted my rogue the rest of the way. My friend had a brother w/ a pally that was pretty well geared and he would clear SM Cath in 2 attempts. (everyone outside the cath, and then everyone inside the cath). The best part about the RAF and clearing it that way is watching your xp bar jump :).. we'd get locked out as well, so one of us would hearth back to IF and clear out our inventory (selling the cloth on the AH for the most part) and train our skills if we had the money, then the one that was back @ SM would use the RAF summong and then he'd do the same. by the time all that was done we'd be able to get back in the instance. :D.

And actually the leveling from about mid 40's to 60 is quick if you just start doing quests again (Tanaris -> Searing Gorge -> Burrning Steppes -> Plague Lands). Hell, you can get a level just off doing the cauldron quests. It's not a 5 minute run to get a level, but it's still pretty quick.

Back