quick subletting question

cacophobia

Veteran XX
You get one guy in there for $600 a month, but then the second guy can only pay $500 a month. Is that ok? What if they confer and the $600 learns his roommate is paying $100 less? Won't he like demand $500 or something?

It is whatever you agree to with each party IN WRITING.

You could charge one person $50 and another $5000. As long as you have it in writing.

depends. are you and your roommate subletting out individually, or just you? if you two are doing it individually then it doesn't matter, it's their individual business. You keep each of your agreements. If they really have a problem then they can split the bills accordingly or something.

But i doubt they're going to pull this shit when they move in, since their option is to pay the agreed rent or find a new place to live last minute

Yes, in writing. Were you thinking of entering into a financial relationship with people and not getting it in writing? :banging:

nSpectre said:
Yes, in writing. Were you thinking of entering into a financial relationship with people and not getting it in writing? :banging:
:lol: @ him if he doesn't get it in writing. Then, they can trash the fuck out of his place, not pay a dime of rent, and not face any consequences. Unless you actually go through the sublet process, you are still legally responsible for youar apartment, including paying your rent.

dumb move scotty, dumb move

most apartment complexes have legal paperwork for subletting you can get

Better double check your renters agreement and make sure they even allow subletting.

well fuck me

they do, it's just between you and the new guys. they don't have any official subletting contract so I just figured you'd have to be a good judge of character

That's mistake number two. Never rely on being a good judge of character when it comes to money. :lol:

cacophobia said:
well fuck me

they do, it's just between you and the new guys. they don't have any official subletting contract so I just figured you'd have to be a good judge of character

worst idea ever. sure they might be your buddy. but if your buddy wrecks your car i doubt he's going to cough up 25k to preserve your friendship. neither is your tenant. If he parties and wrecks the apartment, or just doesn't pay rent, it's on you.

most places have a subletting contract/agreement where the subletters co-sign and are obligated for the summer months of rent. That way if they don't pay off, the creditors go after them, not you.

if they don't have any, just type up your own. call up your local lawyers r'us to see if it needs to be notarized or whatever to hold up legally.

cacophobia said:
well fuck me

Sultan: One thing I pride myself on, Jafar. I'm an excellent judge of character.
Iago: Oh, excellent judge, yes...oh, NOT!

Calm yourself, Iago.......

jafar_iago.jpg

Back