Quick ? about Tribes Server

when setting up a t1 server with a router, I got the server running fine but its still reading IP 192 addy. I went to router and configured the port settings and services, still getting 192. What else can I fix?

You used port forwarding to address the correct ports to your server's IP? If so, you just use your external IP for others to connect to.

yea port forwarding is to the right server IP, and the ports are ok on 28001. I just threw that PC as DMZ the IP is 70.152.237.214

Maybe I'm missing something here, but all that needs to happen is have others connect to your server at the 70.152.237.214:28001 address, no need to put it in DMZ. It's normal that the server will report it's ip at 192.xxx.xxx.xxx as that's what the PC has.

Ok, this is how you do it:
1.) Create a copy of the tribes.exe, and name it "server.exe"
2.) Right click on it, and go to properties. You'll see the following line...
Target: C:\TRIBES\Tribes.exe. You'll want to change that (in the server.exe file) to
"C:\TRIBES\Tribes.exe -dedicated".
3.) To edit the server name, players, ect... You'll need to go to
C:\TRIBES\Config\ServerPrefs.cs. Once you've done that you need to open Tribes.exe
4.) Once you've opened Tribes.exe you need to go to Options, and then go down to I believe its "network". You'll see a box next to the words "Register with Master server". You'll want to click that in order for people to see your server. Once you've clicked that close the game, and go open server.exe.
5.) Return to Tribalwar.com/forums/showtheard.php?t=390942 and post the IP including the port (normally 28001).
6.) Thats all... now all you need to do is add like Admin mods, maps, and edit the map list.

If you have any questions lemme know.

Last edited:
Back