[Question]job

you agree to take the job, if you agree to the shitty salary you agreed to when you took the job then you cannot retaliate legally

if they just flat refuse to tell you what you will be paid then that's probably at their discretion as well

real world analysis:

if they refuse to tell you what they will pay you, you're gon' get screwed
i mean even if its illegal, are you willing to go to court in a month over it

unless you can provide their reasoning on why they wont tell you that might clear this up for us

why the fuck would you even talk to people if they wont tell you the salary.

That is the whole point of the whole employment thing you know.

no contract is enforceable if one party is just promising a gift to the other.
contract will be void and you can prob sue for exploitation of worker

Your employment agreement will list your renumeration in most cases I would think.

I would say the onus is on the prospective employee to ask all the required questions about the job in question including what they pay will be in terms of dollar amount and how it is calculated. (hourly, commission, salary, combination etc)

I can tell you as someone who interviews and hires people often that I don't discuss pay unless the person i'm interviewing brings it up. If they don't care to ask it usually will end up much lower than if they bring it up and defend why they deserve more.

Lastly pay is more than just wage. You should be negotiating benefits as well.

No. If you're stupid enough to work for someone without knowing the wage then you get what you deserve.

Back