Quakewars. Holy shit im getting excited!

You are forgetting the fact that you can run those same games with double resolution and add in AA and 16x ansiotropy with almost NO HIT. Trust me. I have an 8800 and the thing is a fucking monster. Its fucking fast.

Those tests are with 4xAA. In the non-AA test, the 8800 seems to have actually increased the gap (i.e. AA has a larger hit on the 8800's performance).

Those tests are with 4xAA. In the non-AA test, the 8800 seems to have actually increased the gap (i.e. AA has a larger hit on the 8800's performance).

When you are getting 100+ framerates, the hit doesnt matter.

All in all the 8800 is a huge leap ahead. Read about the architecture and its new AA system. (16xaa takes just as much as a hit as 4x) Convergence sampling aa is a awesome feature. I run 16xAA in most of my games without a problem and it looks spectacular.

I cant wait to see what quakewars looks like on my rig, not to mention crysis.

All in all the 8800 is a huge leap ahead. Read about the architecture and its new AA system. (16xaa takes just as much as a hit as 4x) Convergence sampling aa is a awesome feature. I run 16xAA in most of my games without a problem and it looks spectacular.

Fuck, did you look at the fucking link? I'm not talking about the CPU limited tests, of which there were few (and they were obvious, as the top cards all hit a solid limit).

They didn't test 16x AA, unfortunately. Again, haven't countered my "two X1950s are cheaper and more powerful". Which was the point.

Are you just fanboying? Are you sleeping with the company CEO? I don't build up relationships with heartless corporations, it's just stupid.

I just ordered the OC'd BFG 8800GTX. I'm hoping it rocks my socks

Fuck, did you look at the fucking link? I'm not talking about the CPU limited tests, of which there were few (and they were obvious, as the top cards all hit a solid limit).

They didn't test 16x AA, unfortunately. Again, haven't countered my "two X1950s are cheaper and more powerful". Which was the point.

Are you just fanboying? Are you sleeping with the company CEO? I don't build up relationships with heartless corporations, it's just stupid.

No i used to be an ATI fan believe it or not. Cheapest price on newegg for a x1950pro (if thats what you were talking about) is 239. Double that is $478 without tax. You can get a 8800 gts 640 meg for about $379.

Btw yes they did test 16xAA. look at the charts again.

x1950 Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

8800 gts.
Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Hrm lets see. 2 cards or 1 card thats future proof for dx10.

Im not a fanboy. Im just stating the facts. And now im going to bed.

I just ordered the OC'd BFG 8800GTX. I'm hoping it rocks my socks

You wont have any socks by the time you get done playing any game you want at max settings with lots of AA.

I have an 8800 gts. i cant imagine what a GTX would be like.

No i used to be an ATI fan believe it or not. Cheapest price on newegg for a x1950pro (if thats what you were talking about) is 239. Double that is $478 without tax. You can get a 8800 gts 640 meg for about $379.

Btw yes they did test 16xAA. look at the charts again.

x1950 Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

8800 gts.
Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Hrm lets see. 2 cards or 1 card thats future proof for dx10.

Im not a fanboy. Im just stating the facts. And now im going to bed.

Uhh, the cheapest X1950 Pro there is $189.99 ($174.99 after $15.00 Mail-In Rebate). The cheapest 8800 GTX (the GTS is slower than the X1950) is $529.99. I'm confused by whatever you're saying.

Also, on my original post (again): Based on this, I have higher hopes for ATI's DX 10 cards, which should be announced and benched soon. If they turn out like shit, my next will obviously be an nvidia. Their crappy support of Vista has made me extremely wary, though.

Edit: correction: X1950 XTX, $279.99. Double is $30 more than the 8800 GTX. I am beaten.

Last edited:
I don't think it's nvidia's fault that Vista is an industry joke.

ATI will come out with something amazing but at what cost?

Where is the pay-to-play fileplanet beta for Quakewars!?

Nvidia 6800GS is a damn good card for the money. Spend the extra 30 or 40 bucks and get the Nvidia 7800GS though, you wont be sorry.

If the X1950Pro is within your price range (usually $50 more), it's a considerable improvement over the 7800GS in anything DirectX.

as a linux user, the prospect of buying an ATI card is completely laughable. They haven't made a decent linux driver yet, let alone trying to use it for composite display

I would like to see a smooth mix between tactical and twitch online FPS. If they can pull that off with QW like they have been saying they have, then I'm sure it will have a strong following. I'm not really trying to play the same shooter game thats been around forever now.

another shitty as SLOW multiplayer game, seriously how can a PC games used to the speed and movement of a game go play a console game? soooooo sloooooow, I like faster reaction times

Back