[PS3] Mobile Suite Gundam - youtube video (wow)

None of this is making me want to buy a PS3.

Maybe when they've been out a year and Sony is forced to reduce the shelf price to $299 to move units, then I'll think about it.

Fate said:
Hmm, is Joe Consumer going to buy something called HDDVD or Blueray? Is it...

"OMG, It's HDDVD, It'll go with our brand new HDTV."

or

"OMG, It's Blueray...will that work with our brand new HDTV?"

You decide.
i agree, regardless of specs, the average baby-boomer will like "hi def DVD" over "blu-ray". such are the masses.

John Rambo said:
thats not Joe Consumer, thats Joe Moron
dude, okay youre trying to convince everyone ps3 is the way. we get it. call people morons all you want. the best system will tank hard. the price point is impossible to penetrate.

Nomad said:
dude, okay youre trying to convince everyone ps3 is the way. we get it. call people morons all you want. the best system will tank hard. the price point is impossible to penetrate.

Im not trying to convince anyone, im just saying that the price is not too bad if you are going to use all of its features, ie watching blu-ray movies and playing hd games on a 1080p tv

question, i read the other day that the PS3 has less texture memory then the 360. Was that on TW?

John Rambo said:
an average consumer who is willing to spend a few tousand dollars on hd equiment knows what blu-ray is

You're wrong.

I see people buy HD tv's all the time having no clue what HD actually is. I've been to at least 2 houses in the last month that had nice big HDLCD TV's that were plugged into the cable box via s-video cable. These are smart, succesful people, but have no clue about HD technology. They sure liked the awesome picture on their new HD tv's though.

You're telling me these guys are going to know what Blueray is and are going to buy that over HDDVD?

John Rambo said:
Im not trying to convince anyone, im just saying that the price is not too bad if you are going to use all of its features, ie watching blu-ray movies and playing hd games on a 1080p tv
This is the same exact fucking argument fanboys used to support the PSP.

Look where it's at now.

GI: What do you like about working on the PS3? How about the Xbox 360? Will there be any major differences between the two versions?

Högdahl: So far the two versions look pretty much the same – quite unsurprisingly, since we use the same shader source code and content for both platforms. They will be identical gameplay-wise. There will only be very minor cosmetic differences, such as the PS3 will have better quality video for the in-game TVs and on the Xbox 360 we have a bit more room for textures in memory.

quoted here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3890366&posted=1
from: http://www.gameinformer.com/Magazine/Insider/Articles/Article/200608/A06.0707.1042.51750.htm
but it needs reg. not sure if bugmenot will work with it. haven't got that at the office.

Fate said:
You're wrong.

I see people buy HD tv's all the time having no clue what HD actually is. I've been to at least 2 houses in the last month that had nice big HDLCD TV's that were plugged into the cable box via s-video cable. These are smart, succesful people, but have no clue about HD technology. They sure liked the awesome picture on their new HD tv's though.

You're telling me these guys are going to know what Blueray is and are going to buy that over HDDVD?

Look, do you honestly believe that hd-dvd will win because it has the better name? I mean blu-ray has dell and apple.

bush%20kerry-1.jpg

You forgot Dell!

they brag about tilt technology not requiring extra sensors... i believe that had been done over and over again for years.

sounds like a last ditch effort to match the wii's 3 dimensional full motion sensing with a single plane tilt technology and a half-assed vertical sensor that only reads the acceleration.

i really cant think of a game where that limited of a z-axis sensor would be useful. i REALLY would want to have to pop my controller up to jump in a platform game

-B0B- said:
they brag about tilt technology not requiring extra sensors... i believe that had been done over and over again for years.

sounds like a last ditch effort to match the wii's 3 dimensional full motion sensing with a single plane tilt technology and a half-assed vertical sensor that only reads the acceleration.

i really cant think of a game where that limited of a z-axis sensor would be useful. i REALLY would want to have to pop my controller up to jump in a platform game
I'm a Nintendo fan (not quite a fanboy), but I think I have this straight:

The PS3 and Wii controllers have a 3-axis accelerometer setup in them. This lets them detect motion. The Wiimote's Nunchuck also has one of these. The Wii controller also has an infrared detector, which is what the sensor bar is for. The bar is just a little thing with infrared LEDs on it, and it acts as a reference point for the controller. With this, the controller knows where exactly it's pointed at, and possibly where it is in relation to the bar.

The PS3's controller does lack another important thing: vibration. Tactile feedback is very crucial when using things like this, for example in a sword-fighting game it might rumble if your sword is blocked but you continue to move the controller. The Wiimote's speaker could also provide feedback like this, which is something else the PS3's controller lacks.

Then, of course, you have the shape. It's not so easy to wield the Dualshock controller like a tennis racket, or a golf club.

Last edited:
Every person I know that has the option to turn off their vibration on their controler does. Vibration is way overated.

Travelyan said:
plasma TVs are prone to burn-in from video games (static HUDs and scoreboards)

good luck w/that and all, maybe it wont happen to you

Ya, if you leave your game on for about.. mmm 20 years.

Those damn plasmas!!

Back