problems with cable modem

Twi$ta

Veteran X
I got it like last week, it works for a while but then it just cuts off and start to blink send, after a while it will start to work again. Im starting to think my comp is doing it, anybody know how to fix this?

Prolly not your computer. More likely either your isp or the modem is bad. Try resetting it and see if that helps. If not, call your cable company and get them to send out someone.

Kerosene31 said:
Oh yeah that too. They have to activate it on their end.

If it works on and off then its provisioned. It wasn't then it wouldn't work at all.

What kind of modem is it?

Thumper said:
If it works on and off then its provisioned. It wasn't then it wouldn't work at all.

What kind of modem is it?

Well then he posted that, I remembered when I first got my modem hooked up. They plugged it in and it worked great. I accidentally turned it off, and when it came back on, it didn't work. I had to call them and they had to do something on their end because it was new or something.

Kerosene31 said:
Well then he posted that, I remembered when I first got my modem hooked up. They plugged it in and it worked great. I accidentally turned it off, and when it came back on, it didn't work. I had to call them and they had to do something on their end because it was new or something.

Hmm, in our system. No modem will work until its entered into Net ID.

its the surfboard 4220, I just called them and they said their may be excess noise in our lines because of construction around my house, they might have messed our lines up

You think you got problems? Finally got Shadowbane to install last night, and I look up to see my model is dead. One of my fucking puppies chewed through the power adapter line.

Back