Priests screwed for honor?

Gibe

Veteran XV
Any honorable kill you contribute damage to will net you honor. However, a small contribution will net you a small amount of contribution points. If you cause slight damage to 10 targets, you may not get as many points as if you caused significant damage to one target.

Does this apply only when you're not grouped? If it applies when you're grouped, what are priests suppossed to do in group pvp? Blow our mana to do less dmg than other classes, and neglect healing?

i guess this would apply, to a lesser extent, to druids and paladins as well.

Last edited:
if ur in heavy pvp ur gonna RACK up honor...trust me.

The casual dmg output you can put out is tremendous.
While warriors are tanking and others doing their jobs, you will be cheapshotting as usual, basically getting freebies.

No need for you to complain, you ain't getting screwed...your getting freebies.

Group pvp is like group xp. You dont have to touch the target as long as the group you are in does most of the damage you will get to share most of the honour. (divided among members with a group bonus i think?)

ZooL said:
if ur in heavy pvp ur gonna RACK up honor...trust me.

The casual dmg output you can put out is tremendous.
While warriors are tanking and others doing their jobs, you will be cheapshotting as usual, basically getting freebies.

No need for you to complain, you ain't getting screwed...your getting freebies.

not complaining im getting NO honor, but compared to ANY other class, healers will do less damage, and receive less honor. im confused by that q&a post because he says it will be split up like group xp, which is equal to all members, and then says it will be based on how much dmg. if it's the dmg, then although i might play a pivotal role (dispels, heals, shields, fears), i wont get shit compared to the other ppl in the group.

I believe that it is only damaged based when two groups are competing and help with a kill. If only people in your group touch the person then I believe the honor is split equally.

druids are easy to kill

spider belt + grounding totem means you can't root me and moonfire spam me to death, which is what 90% of druids do

Raven said:
chry is correct.

its split by group. I also forsee honor for ressing someone out of group, ala daoc

That would be nice. Primary healing classes got screwed for a bit until they fixed stuff in DAoC. I hope Blizzard takes a hard look at how rps are rewarded and then steals those ideas.

Ztir said:
druids are easy to kill

spider belt + grounding totem means you can't root me and moonfire spam me to death, which is what 90% of druids do

well then id be in the 10% and kick your ass

most druids do not know that usually one moonfire erases a totem

i have a nice macro to fuck shaman over, it just moonfires all totems

plus one frost resist potion and some nice gear and frostshock is done for

PsioniX said:
well then id be in the 10% and kick your ass

most druids do not know that usually one moonfire erases a totem

i have a nice macro to fuck shaman over, it just moonfires all totems

plus one frost resist potion and some nice gear and frostshock is done for
let's not forget earthbind, or earthshock, or pretty much the million other things jesus shamans have be imba

plus my 2h 53 dps mace + windfury = sad druids :(

although there are some pretty good druids i've fought, most are incompetent

Back