[Premiere] Ghost Rider

zalientek

Veteran XV
so the director of GhostRider is an alumni from the film school at my university (california state university long beach), so he had his west coast premiere of the movie here tonight (it was free so i figured why not).

not even Eva Mendes gave this movie a reedeming quality. The movie does have its moments through comedic relief, so if you plan on seeing it (which i hope you arent) go into it with NO expectations. basically Ghost Rider took the snakes on a plane approach of trying to be bad. However, they did follow the comic book quite closely, not so much storyline but the characters and the personality of ghost rider were well incorporated. poorly written. direction wasn't very good so that aided in the poor acting, and the first 10 - 20 minutes was just horrible.

the movie lacked the presence of energy that is so vibrant in the comic.

I think Cage's best character ever was Charlie/Donald Kaufman in Adaptation. he really tries to play the jack of all trades, and somehow gets casted as one, but he only really fits a few molds IMO.

ghostrider.sized.jpg

(clip from film)
Freaken' Awesome!!!

I have such high hopes for most comic book movies (elektra, etc being the exception)

They've got such an amazing backstory and overall kick-ass plot to go off of. I don't get how these screenplay writers and directors fuck it up so badly and so often...

As for ghost rider. I never really read the comic, but from what I've heard it had a really cool story. From the previews of the movie its obvious its going to suck, but I was still hoping for some redeeming value...

i sure as hell hope they dont use the same director, and if they make money off making a 2nd, then why the hell not? its all for profit.

i sure as hell hope they dont use the same director, and if they make money off making a 2nd, then why the hell not? its all for profit.

I doubt he'll have anything to do with it. The same guy also wrote Elektra and Daredevil. He does to comic book movies what Uwe Boll does to video game movies.

i don't know what the fuck this Ghost Rider film is

but i always liked Nicholas Cage...one of my favourite actors

Back