Pre-emptive: Oktoberfest

Fartypants

Veteran XX
So I'm going next year, does anyone who has been have any hotel recommendations, or general oktoberfest insight?

I haven't fully assembled my crew of compatriots, but I plan on booking asap once I do. I went to the German MotoGP round last year and finding a hotel for that 6 months in advance was pretty rough so I imagine since Oktoberfest is 10x as big I need to get something booked soon.

german-oktoberfest-girls.jpg

Done it twice, the best party you will ever see. Take a tent, hotels are a total waste of money as you'll be utterly cunted the entire time. If you can even find your hotel you won't care if it's comfortable or not. Good luck, have a great time.

My advice is to not focus on the hotels right around the area where Oktoberfest is held. The public transit system is excellent so you can get a cheper hotel further away and just jump on the subway.

When I went I stayed at this hotel;

Holiday Inn München Süd
Kistlerhofstr. 142, 81379 München, Germany

The subway was about two blocks away from the hotel and I just took it up to the Poccistraße stop

Good luck and have fun!

My advice is to not focus on the hotels right around the area where Oktoberfest is held. The public transit system is excellent so you can get a cheper hotel further away and just jump on the subway.

Holiday Inn München Süd

The subway was about two blocks away from the hotel and I just took it up to the Poccistraße stop

Good luck and have fun!

yeah that was my plan, something near a subway stop but not necessarily in the middle of the tents

i hit munich for an afternoon on my eurotrip last summer and i was like

35243_841146553495_9411979_46404462_797870_n.jpg

"oh god damn. i gotta come back for oktoberfest"

find a hotel on hotels.com or orbitz or priceline. you should do it now as it gets packed.

what days will you be there? i can plan my time there at the same time and we can get a table together broheim

ps i just drank 3 liters of german beer as i am in germany :]

o dang joe i just posted in your thread

right now im thinking sep 17-24

i dont think i can be drunk everyday for more than a week

BTW i did it through priceline and stayed in a nice hotel (think it was the mariott) for 200$ a night, and it was right by the subway, 15 minutes from the festival

yeah a week is my limit, but really 3-4 days and i'm done

i will plan accordingly as well. i will probably have a few guys with me, so we may have to get 2 tables.

im trying to get a couple of bros from the states to make the trip out

as long as there are plenty of busty german whores to go around it's no problem

its like 200 euro for the whole getup, and you can buy it there. they sell it everywhere in munich during octoberfest. it makes a great halloween costume and random go out to the bar costume as well. they sell the quality shit too, so it'll last. i have one.

Holiday Inn München Süd

Good luck and have fun!

That's exactly where I stayed when I went to Oktoberfest!

Have a blast, buy liderhosen. Seriously the best party / event I've ever been to and bavarian women are hot!

Get a hotel in Garmisch and take the train (~45 min ride). Hotels are going to be a lot cheaper and let chance of getting booked. Plus Garmisch is a beautiful town thats worth going to on its own. There's lots of hiking areas and its nestled right at the base of the Alps. I'm in Italy and thats what we did and it worked out great. The last train back leaves around 11 pm IIRC. We stayed at the Best Western Ober..something german... and the price wasn't bad at all.

Back