Power Tools, Which Brand you own?

What brand of power tools do you own?

• Total voters

brutal

Veteran X
what brand of power tools do you own? I am looking to invest into a line of power tools but I dont know jack shit about which brand is better, etc. All the reviews I read seem to be based more on the batteries the tools use than the drill/saw/hammer drill

Berman Center Athena
Berman-Center-font-b-Athena-b-font-Waterproof-font-b-Mini-b-font-font-b-Massager.jpg

I have a DeWalt angle grinder that has taken a wicked beating over the years and is still going strong.

My miter saw is a Craftsman and it's pretty solid. I don't feel like it's as nice as my DeWalt though.

I've also got a set of the ryobi battery-powered tools and the batteries kind of blow. You'll probably want 3-4 batteries total if you use them often, and they are pretty expensive, but if you are only the occasional tinkerer you should be fine.

Unless you are doing a lot of construction and know your shit you are likely not going to be able to tell a big difference between the brands. The primary difference is durability, which again should be relative to how much you use the tools.

Rigid now offers lifetime warranty on both the tool (and more importantly) the batteries.

More than enough for a homeowner and you can't beat the warranty on the batteries as that's what usually dies first.

not a fan of cordless.

I frequently use:
Milwaukee Super Sawzall
Hitachi 4.5" Grinder with Dry Diamond Blade
I have a corded Rigid Drill with an extra long cord which I surprisingly like a lot
Bosch Hammer Drill
Makita Circular Saw
Dewault Mitre saw

lots of other tools, but those I use a lot.

I beat the absolute FUCK out of my Dewalt 14.4v batteries. I have a flashlight with articulating head I use when working on cars that I've replaced a few times, and a keyless chuck drill. Whatever you get, get a set with 2 batteries so you always have a fresh one on hand. I get about 8 hours of light with the flashlight, and a few hours with the drill, but they are the old NiCD batteries. The lithium ion systems are nicer.

4011482-11.jpg

DeWALT-dw906.jpg

Whatever you decide on, remember bigger isn't always better. A smaller tool will be easier to use.

I also have a Bosch 12v driver set with 2 batteries. Similar to this, but with a larger driver. I keep this one in the house for smaller jobs. Very nice for tight places, but only accepts 1/4 inch hex bits, and the bosch flashlight for this battery sucks balls.
5335628-24.jpg

Back