Possible to have a life and play WOW?

Lord Elessar said:
no
it is never possible to have a life and play a mmorpg. the two things are exact opposites.

Yea I agree, and I've never played an mmorpg because of this... but WOW just looks too damn good!

If you plan on being a casual player, play the most overpowered class. People say play the class that you think will be most fun but this is a lie. Playing over powered classes in mmorpgs adds to your own fun because it cuts down on the frustration. Overpowered usually means a class that can level much faster than all the others or does extremely well in pvp.

They still have a pretty good record on balance. Nobody is perfect. I think in any case it will be considerably closer to the ideal than anything else out there, in terms of balance.

Sigma8 said:
They still have a pretty good record on balance. Nobody is perfect. I think in any case it will be considerably closer to the ideal than anything else out there, in terms of balance.

agreed. There will never be complete balance in any mmorpg but if anyone can come close it is Blizzard. Right now I plan on playing as a priest or warlock.

well, technically their 'pretty good record' consists entirely of starcraft

balancing the identical units in wc 1 and 2 probably didnt keep anyone awake at night

mmporgs are stupid.... how much you play is in direct relation with how powerful/rich you are... this caters perfectly to pay-to-play...

If you want to waste your time and do incessant lvling and farming.... by all means, play mmporgs... I know i wont

I played EQ for a VERY long time and this is my opinion.

The must fun you're going to get out of playing is playing with a group of friends on a consistant basis. The problem lies with the fact that many of these friends have different schedules and play times. While you're with a woman or whatever, your friend is eating pizza and continuing to power level.

Meantime if you get a group of people together and all set up to play on a scheduled time/day you'll all set.

well if they keep this gay "Rest State"..then yes it's very possible to have a life, since "Resting" doesnt' let you play a game you are paying monthly to play...aka nerfing power gamers.

that was so long ago >.<

me and surefire used to do that... he'd aow harass while i quick expo'd with human.... we went like 45-6 with it before we stopped playing roc

Jamezeo said:
well if they keep this gay "Rest State"..then yes it's very possible to have a life, since "Resting" doesnt' let you play a game you are paying monthly to play...aka nerfing power gamers.

Powergamers can just play other characters if they can't seem to find anything else to do.

Back