Possible relocation.

Ksera

Veteran X
So I currently live in Phoenix, AZ and have a possible job offer coming for Seattle, WA. What areas should I look at for moving to? We are a young couple in our 20's with kids.

Is it worth moving too?

They would be providing reloc assist, but not sure what it entails yet....

in your 20's with kids?

fuck that shit

now you're moving to seattle?

im glad i didnt end my life so soon

So I currently live in Phoenix, AZ and have a possible job offer coming for Seattle, WA. What areas should I look at for moving to? We are a young couple in our 20's with kids.

Is it worth moving too?

They would be providing reloc assist, but not sure what it entails yet....

what part of seattle is the job and are you looking to rent/buy and what price range?

I am from seattle! I will not hang out with you but maybe i will post in a thread when you talk about seattle.

Downtown Seattle, probably look to start off renting.

Probably could afford up to 3000 per month. But would like the cheapest option in a decent area.

Downtown Seattle, probably look to start off renting.

Probably could afford up to 3000 per month. But would like the cheapest option in a decent area.

you should come up and visit - see what area you like. greenlake is a nice area for young couples with kids although i dont see kids around all that often - maybe the schools in the area arent fantastic. Ballard is another one. Both have easy access to downtown by bus.

edit: my 2 roommates and i are paying $2K/month for a nice 3bdrm house in greenlake. You can expect to pay around that for decent places in greenlake and ballard.

I have a friend selling a pretty nice house in ballard for $450K if you are looking to buy....

Last edited:
if you are looking for suburb area south seattle, burien/desmoines/normandy park areas are good and probably a 15 minute commute to downtown or if you want to be in the mix ballard/bellevue/alki beach/ or if you want to be in the ghetto- rainier beach

Yea, thats the plan.

I have been through a few interviews, I will know this next week if they are truly interested as they would fly me out for a face to face and said they would also pay for my wife to come out with me to look around. Just trying to decide where to start. My wife's step mother has family out their, however I have never met them and I don't think she has either. So I turn to TW.

i think my sister lived in wallingford? not sure if that is right...she loved it, and hated to leave there.

Any of these spots close to water? Forgot to mention the jet skis... Although I don't know how cold the water is there....

*EDIT* fun waters.....

Last edited:
Any of these spots close to water? Forgot to mention the jet skis... Although I don't know how cold the water is there....

*EDIT* fun waters.....

yes lake washington is within 15 minutes from pretty much everywhere and you have sea fair which would be fun with one or just going out. there is lots of boats so lots of waves plus its always choppy

to not too
there not their

it blows my mind that a company would pay money to relocate an uneducated person such as yourself

Back