[Pool] Buying Cues

[GF]Drakkan

Veteran XX
Not sure how many of you TW ppl play pool, but I have been thinking of picking up myself a Cue lately.

I play in a cpa (APA) league, SL 6, and would love to pick up a cue so i don't have to keep borrowing my team mates, or using bar cues *shudder*

My budget is roughly $100-$200

My only requirements are that is be a 2 piece cue and 18-19 oz weight.

any suggestions for Pool Cue sellers??

where do you live?

when i bought mine i went down to a pool cue seller and spent like 4-5 hours trying out cues til i found one i liked. I went all out and bought a pricey jackson cue, but I love it.

you should go to a local shop and try out a bunch of cues from several different makers to see what you like. Don't look at the price tag til you've narrowed down your selection to a few specific models. if the salesman is competent he/she should be able to set you up with cues that fit your style. And if you are like me, they will all end up being outside of your budget :(

Last edited:
ya more than likely there is an old school billiards supply in your town that scrapes by making repairs to your towns tables and rewrapping cues... they can point you in the right direction... pawn shops are also good too if you know already how to judge quality

Unfortunately here in Newfoundland there are no places to buy pool cues other than some local bars.

There is only one place i know on the island that fixes cues, and i don't think he really sells any.

Eggi, you are somewhat right by saying they will all be outside of my budget :p ahha.
But i don't need to buy a cue right now that will stick with me for years and years.

I'm more looking for something that I can have a bit of consistency with, and in time get a better cue.

They are both very nice.
McDermott's are extremely nice. One of my team mates has one.

Vikings are good too, Entry level would actually fall in my range as well.

I was looking at some Blizzard cues as well.
Blizzard BZ-007 Cue at CueStore.CA - Pool Cues

Never shot with these though. God knows what they are like

Unfortunately here in Newfoundland there are no places to buy pool cues other than some local bars.

There is only one place i know on the island that fixes cues, and i don't think he really sells any.

bummer. it really helps to have a place to try out different cues so you can figure out what style you like.

I use to manage a Pool Hall in Kelowna back in the day. I was even luck enough to get to meet Cliff Thornburn, Brady Golan, Paul Potier and Eva Mataya.

Most important aspect of buying a cheaper cue is the joint. Make sure to get a metal on metal joint. Never leave it in your car or in cold weather as it will warp.

I'd suggest going with a Falcon Cue myself.

Back