Plenty of fish............

h3OBI4c.gif

wow that's horrible

once again, i can do nothing to stop it except vote for one of two corrupt, short-sighted corporatists

Fishermen from the 1900s up in New England once said you could walk from New York to Nova Scotia on the backs of cod...

i think because of the nature of the ocean, everyone can point fingers forever.

it can always be someone else's responsibility because it is everyones responsibility.
no one wants to be the one that caves first if someone else could possibly do it for them.

and so in the end nothing really happens and the situation doesn't stabilize.

regardless of all that negativity there are a lot of positives with regard to ocean populations. wild atlantic salmon actually exist now. that's an achievement i think and one that has occurred in our lifetimes.

this shit is true everywhere, i even see the difference in fishing down in corpus christi from when i was a kid 30 years ago to now. i used to go down and be able to limit on trout and redfish in 2 hours. now, i'm lucky to catch half a limit in 7 hours. the fish are gone.

some of the solution back in the day was to boycott companies that had unsafe fishing practices...
but people still eat tuna.
getting back to safer, provident fishing practices would help.

there are however many natural factors that could be pointed to also, change in climate, migrating patterns and so forth that account for problematic population in any species. every life form, even humans are susceptible to natural and universal forces beyond their control.

the pollution from the tsunami swept debris will correct itself slowly, the earth has a way of doing that.

In the long run, over the history of the earth we have seen the wash, rinse, repeat cycle. at some point we will be gone the way of the dinosaurs and the earth will replenish itself or not.

cynical, yes, but then again I don't add the great importance to the human race as being the end all of evolution/creation, I think how much we fook things up points to this and towards our ultimate demise at our own hands.

save the fooking planet.

:spineyes:

Back